NV245 Tc Problem? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > NV245 Tc Problem?

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
Carlson05
2005 WK 

NV245 Tc Problem?

Hello guys, I have a Wk with the nv245 quadra drive II system. Currently my only problem is that i can't get it to engage 4 Low anymore. Back in July i took a trip to the outer banks in north Carolina. While i was there i drove around on the beaches. So i could avoid sinking into the sand i had to use 4 low for more traction. I Drove like this on the beach for maybe 3 or 4 days out of the whole week. No problems at all. After returning home to CT, I recall engaging it once in my neighborhood or whatever to make sure the beach sand didn't do damage; probably a month later or so. It was fine. Now about a month an a half ago, i did some light off-roading at this place called neapog. I saw a small mud hole and decided i should go into 4 low for it. Well I did the procedure correctly. I'm not stupid aha. It didn't engage and the message "Service 4x4 System" appeared. The light however doesn't stay on like i have read in other cases. It turns off. It only appears when i try to engage 4 Low. I don't hear any strange noises. It drives perfectly, but won't engage into 4 Low. Any ideas on whats wrong. I would hate to think the TC needs to be replaced. Sorry for long story. Let me Know what you guys think is the issue.

Carlson05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Did you have the Recall performed?
Unread 12-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #3
caulk04
2008 WK 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/n...4-low-1561787/
Unread 12-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
Carlson05
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
Did you have the Recall performed?
The one about it randomly shifting into neutral while being parked...yeah, i did that about a month n half after my trip i think...could they have mess it up ??
Unread 12-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I would say that is most definitely what is messing it up. Read though the thread that Caulk04 posted.
Unread 12-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Carlson05
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Hey, thanks a lot man...i thought it was something i did but that makes more sense. Already made an appointment for them to fix it...I'm not giving them a single dime. they can lick my balls.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.