Numerous codes & gauges on/off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Numerous codes & gauges on/off

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Numerous codes & gauges on/off

Not to beat a dead horse here (Gauge issues).

I jumped in my truck and started it up, all gauge lights (CE, Brake, etc.) came on as usual, then usually they all go out and you drive on as usual, but this time EVERYTHING went out.

Right after starting my RPM's went to 0 and all gauge lights stayed on (the truck was running fine though), then went out, then my RPM's went back to normal. But the Check engine light stayed on. I have a video of the problem if needed which is started immediately after everything went dark while the truck continued running.

About a week ago all of my gauge lights came on for a second or two while driving then went back to normal and I thought nothing of it. I've read around that this could be the ignition switch

Codes: U1411 (unknown)
U110A (unknown)
P0513 (Incorrect immobilizer key)
U0114 (unknown)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJZpB...ature=youtu.be

2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
yzjwk
2005 WK 

I had the exact same issue ,and for me it was a few loose fuses in the 2 fuse boxes under the hood and dirty fuse boxs in general . I removed each fuse, cleaned and re seated them . the problem hasn't returned in 2 years .
But in my research on here at the time iirc ,i found most of the similar problems were solved with the ignition switch as well .
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzjwk View Post
I had the exact same issue ,and for me it was a few loose fuses in the 2 fuse boxes under the hood and dirty fuse boxs in general . I removed each fuse, cleaned and re seated them . the problem hasn't returned in 2 years .
But in my research on here at the time iirc ,i found most of the similar problems were solved with the ignition switch as well .
Awesome, thanks! I was thinking fuses also (Start basic), but once I read a bit more about the ignition switch I wanted to throw the issue out there for some opinions.

I'll check/clean all fuses tomorrow morning
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
ndmbbl3
2005 WK 

How old is your battery? My 05 had the stock battery in it and the gauges started going haywire as it started to die. Popped in a new battery and after a day or two everything went back to normal
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndmbbl3 View Post
How old is your battery? My 05 had the stock battery in it and the gauges started going haywire as it started to die. Popped in a new battery and after a day or two everything went back to normal
It came w/ the truck when I bought it (not original battery). I still have to check it also, but it was in good shape about 8 months ago upon a load test.

But today my check engine light is out and stays out, yet the key dance DTC report still shows the four codes. And the issue hasn't happened again. Anyway i'll be getting my battery tested again and pulling some fuses.
2008 335i Twin-Turbo

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.