Noisw in front end on bumps, its not the sway bar bushings/links - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Noisw in front end on bumps, its not the sway bar bushings/links

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTruc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 03-09-2014, 05:31 AM   #1
xjtrailrider

Noise in front end on bumps, its not the sway bar bushings/links

This started 3 weeks ago.

09 Hemi Limited XK, QT2, no lift, stock tires, 40,000 miles

The noise seems to be limited to the passenger side

I did a search and found that the sway bar bushings are the usual culprit. I inspected them and found there was some distortion. I replaced the bushings and end links with brand new Moog OEM replacements.

That made no difference. I jacked the pass side up and did a ball joint/TRE check and there is no play there. I found the rotor dust shield was vibrating and was able to fix that.

I can kick the front of the tire and and hear something that sounds similar. I'm also getting this noise when applying the brakes at low speed.

Im stumped

xjtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #2
xjtrailrider

Help out guys! Someone else has bound to have had this issue. I need to get it fixed ASAP.
Unread 03-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
tom19511
2006 WK 

Does your Jeep have a plastic skid plate? Mine was loose because of a broken bolt. How about the wheel? Is it tight? What kind of noise? rattle? squeal?

Any vibration or pulsing when braking?
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
xjtrailrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom19511 View Post
Does your Jeep have a plastic skid plate? Mine was loose because of a broken bolt. How about the wheel? Is it tight? What kind of noise? rattle? squeal?

Any vibration or pulsing when braking?
Negative on al of those.

I dug deeper and found that the pass side lower ball joint has 1/4" up/down play in it. The drivers side has some but minimal.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.