Noise issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Noise issue

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 06-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
volcy
2005 WK 

Noise issue

Hey guys, could use some suggestions. I have about 3000 miles on my new tires and they started off perfectly quiet. Lately there is a lot of road noise. Checked PSI and everything looked good. I noticed last night while I was driving through grass that I still heard this "road noise". I have jacked the front and rear up and checked hubs. They seem good, no play. I am going to jack it up and put on stands and see if I can figure out where its coming from. It honestly sounds like its from all four corners but I could easily be wrong. Anyone seen this before?

2005 Limited w. Hemi QDII

volcy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
sebastien
2006 WK 

maybe they wore uneven?
Unread 06-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
volcy
2005 WK 

Possibly but all 4? I have had it aligned twice since they were installed, got to love Firestone lifetime alignment. It seemed to start after going out on the beach (4 lo) but maybe I am imagining things. Wonder if it could be diff/transfer case noise. All fluids were changed less then 10k miles ago too.
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
volcy
2005 WK 

Well it turned out to NOT be the rear hubs........rear axle/diff had to be rebuilt. Hope not a whole lot people have to go through this as it is not cheap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.