No start and Dash lit up like a christmas tree - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > No start and Dash lit up like a christmas tree

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! PANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiIRON CROSS Jeep JK Front and Rear STUBBY BUMPERS IN STOCK

Unread 06-03-2015, 11:32 PM   #1
PTee

No start and Dash lit up like a christmas tree

Jeep has been running without a problem. Parked to pickup the kids from school, 30 minutes later, get in and when I turned the key, every light was blinking, at different times not together, no start and there was a clicking.
Probably original battery
I got my windows up, and had to walk the kids home and left it parked, had to leave for work, I'm at work now and will be home in the morning to take them back to school.
Is this the starter?

2010 WK North Edition. QT2, loaded with Hemi Black WK # 102

PTee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2015, 02:34 AM   #2
RCS1300
2005 WK 

My guess is the battery is bad. Call AAA.

If you decide to test the battery on your own make sure to do a Load test. Testing the surface charge on the battery will not give you any answers.
RCS1300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2015, 06:14 AM   #3
JKM
2005 WK 

I second the battery. At 5yrs old it's due. Buy a replacement H7 or 94R battery. Walmart has a good price on them as does Costco. The parts stores can be a little pricey on this battery
JKM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2015, 06:31 AM   #4
nighowl2000
2014 JK Wrangler 

if you have a volt meter, do a you tube search on "testing car battery" and you can test it yourself. battery should be at 12.8 volts and 13.5 when the car is running.

her's: 2010 commander sport 3.7L 4x4
nighowl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2015, 10:40 AM   #5
PTee

Update
K. Jumped it, drove some highway and took it home. Tested with a meter, parked, the battery tested at 12.8 and running around 14.4.
I will wait an hour or so and test it again.
It seems, if it were just the battery, the dash wouldn't go bonkers like that.
I'm gonna try and search the forum a little more on this.

2010 WK North Edition 5.7 Hemi, QT2, loaded Black WK #102
PTee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #6
SilverLimited
2005 WK 

Best to stop by a shop or Advance and get that battery load tested.
00 XJ Cherokee-gone
SilverLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.