No response from 4 low lever - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > No response from 4 low lever

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
polpilot
2005 WK 

No response from 4 low lever

I just moved from Germany to the Azores along with my 2005 WK HEMI QDII, Just messing around the other day i went to put my jeep into low and nothing happened! Since then I have checked every fuse that could be blown searched online for similar issues and have come up with a nothing. The owners manual and Haynes manual are no help as well.

I thought it might be a loose wire connecting the switch, but when i press the button to put the TC into N i get a dash warning (i wasn't tiring to put it into N just seeing if it would do ANYTHING!) So I'm at a loss right now, It was on a boat for a little over a month in route here, they offloaded it from the boat fine but they hit a switch turning my LED rock lights on all day and killed the battery 100% dead, me and a buddy had to jump it to get it started. (maybe that caused it?) I havent had any issues with a dead battery since. the switch worked fine in Germany a couple weeks before I dropped it off... I might take it back to the shipper and tell them they did it and to fix it! lol anymore ideas?

Unread 05-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
marka2k

2006 WK 

Any engine codes? Try the ignition switch trick and see if there are any stored.

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
polpilot
2005 WK 

Checked with my superchips and had a couple codes cleared them and still nothing from the 4low switch.
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
imthehink
2005 WK 

Bummer man, hopefully you get it figured out.
imthehink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

May sound a bit silly, but with your battery dying, it could be your battery. These jeeps do weird things when they have bad batteries in them. Mine wouldn't shift out of drive. Could be a possible, though unlikely, solution.
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
Mainsail
2005 WK 

I hate to ask, but at any point, even for a moment, did the jumper cables get connected backwards (pos to neg & neg to pos)? That can cause all sorts of grief, and would need you to check all the fusible links.

If not: Have you tried disconnecting the battery, waiting 15 minute, and then reconnecting?
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
marka2k

2006 WK 

There are some things Superchips will not show, for example I had a MIL light on hooked up my Superchips and it did not show any codes, doing the ignition switch trick and it showed one of the O2 sensors was acting up. Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by polpilot View Post
Checked with my superchips and had a couple codes cleared them and still nothing from the 4low switch.

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
cteomd
2007 WK 

Do you use and service your 4x4 system regularly? I had the same problem with a dash message (service 4x4 system). My OBD II couldn't find any code, only the Star reader at the dealership could. After changing the actuators and the fluids in the differentials everything came back to normal.
cteomd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.