No Cabin Filter???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > No Cabin Filter????

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
jeeplover8

No Cabin Filter????

I have allergies and I like clean air, I use a hepa filter at home and I change the cabin filter on my honda once a year.

First thing i did when i got my 2006 jeep grand cherokee was go online and buy a cabin filter. So I ordered a cabin filter filter online, just the hepa paper thingy and I brought it to my mechanic requesting they change in this new filter i just got.

But, he says my car doesn't have a cabin filter setup, is this possible? Maybe he just don't know where to look and just say oh your car doenst have cabin fitler blah blah.

And if my car really doesn't have a cabin filter setup, anyway I can add it?

2006 Grand Cherokee Laredo, btw

jeeplover8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
a_kraker99
2006 WK 

It has a place to put a cabin filter. I have the same year as you. It is on the passenger side under the windshield kinda I think. You get to it from outside. I think........lol hope that helps. I know it has a spot for one though
a_kraker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
rsq41
2007 WK 

Check this out... Many questions answered here:

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_cabinair.htm
Unread 12-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
scottydog
2006 WK 

Most 06 wks are delivered without the filter. You can order it from justforjeeps.com
scottydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #5
jeeplover8

So I need to get the filter kit. Is it easy to install?
Unread 12-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #6
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

You only need the kit the first time you install it. Buy spare filters on ebay. Change them every 12,000 miles.

Very easy to install.
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Fuelly.com - wookiee | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | flashpaq 3872 for those no 4-low days |
wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 07:36 AM   #7
TheTrot

Hmm, I didn't know that. Time to buy.
TheTrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #8
jeeplover8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiee View Post
You only need the kit the first time you install it. Buy spare filters on ebay. Change them every 12,000 miles.

Very easy to install.
Cool, I first ordered a filter, just the hepa paper thingy and brought it to the mechanic, he was like not sure what to do with it.

Now i guess i will order the mopar filter kit, and i can keep this filter for next year to replace then.
Unread 12-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
scottydog
2006 WK 

Install is 15 minutes. You don't need to take the wiper off. Here's a link for the instructions. It's easy. http://wkjeeps.com/wk_cabinair.htm
scottydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
anywaytothetop
2006 WK 

You are right on with the installation time. I just got mine in the mail today. It took me 16 minutes and 1 sec to install from the time I popped the hood release. The slowest part for me was how to take everything off first.

My pointers are:

1. Slip the weather stripping off the front flange where the filter will go and the lift forward and up on the passenger side corner of the black plastic vent (the part your wiper comes out of). It will only come out 3/4 of the way because the wiper is blocking full removal.

2. Take the existing plastic air filter off (I tried to install in over it and it just does not work- damn pictures are hard to see). There are 2 plastic holders in the middle that will pop off, one broke, but it does not matter since you are supplied with new one.

3. Install the filter housing where you took the plastic one off. The only thing holder the new filter cover in place is the 2 plastic screws. Put the filter in and put on the cover.

I am a little disappointed in how the cover fits over the filter. It seems kind of loose where the tabs on top of the filter housing sit? Are yours loose too? Did I do it correctly?
anywaytothetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 11:28 PM   #11
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anywaytothetop View Post

I am a little disappointed in how the cover fits over the filter. It seems kind of loose where the tabs on top of the filter housing sit? Are yours loose too? Did I do it correctly?
It's been a while since I did mine. There is only one way for it to fit. But I don't remember it being loose.
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Fuelly.com - wookiee | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | flashpaq 3872 for those no 4-low days |
wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #12
05WK57Ltd
2005 WK 

Redundant post deleted.

'05 WK Ltd with 5.7L HEMI
HEMI Club Member #11
05WK57Ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #13
Jscheier
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anywaytothetop View Post
Just installed mine 10 minutes ago. You are 100000% correct. The housing is a POS and the tabs fit like crap. I ended up using 2 zip ties to make sure the tabs stay in place.

2007 Jeep GC QD2 CRD is for sale!!!!
Jscheier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #14
photoBeard
2004 WJ 

Just put the filter kit in my '04 WJ without taking the wipers off and it took about 45min after reading the instructions and watching a video on youtube.com.
photoBeard is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.