newbie advice need please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > newbie advice need please

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
06hemigrand
2006 WK 

newbie advice need please

hi I am purchasing a 2006 grand cherokee limited from a dealer shortly it is the 5.7 with 105xxx miles on it. The advice I need is they are offering me a warranty for 2 year 24xxx miles for $3500 which seems quite pricy to me. The warranty covers all powerterrain, electrical, suspension and brake components plus more which is not worth mentioning. Do you guys thick this seems like something I should go through with or not? Also any possible issues that I should look out for in the near future considering the miles.

06hemigrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

I paid $1800 for a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty for power train but I'm having a hard time with them covering anything
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #3
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06hemigrand View Post
The advice I need is they are offering me a warranty for 2 year 24xxx miles for $3500 which seems quite pricy to me. The warranty covers all powerterrain, electrical, suspension and brake components plus more which is not worth mentioning. Do you guys thick this seems like something I should go through with or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonfire View Post
I paid $1800 for a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty for power train but I'm having a hard time with them covering anything
Just a suggestion -
If you do get an extended warranty, make sure it is from a reputable company. Also read the coverage/fine print.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares

Just a suggestion -
If you do get an extended warranty, make sure it is from a reputable company. Also read the coverage/fine print.
I'm learning this now lol. This is my first vehicle so I wasn't to knowledgable about all this
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #5
rsurran
2005 WK 

I have an extended warranty through Car Max on my 2005 and now wish I had got it from Chrysler if I could. Many stories about after market insurances that don't pay.

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
rsurran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
Zlartibartfast

2007 WK 

I got an extended warranty through my credit union along with my loan. It's essentially an insurance policy through Mercury that covers the powertrain for 3 years/36,000 miles. I haven't had to do any service that is covered by this policy (yet). I got it because I have the CRD and major repairs can get really pricey on the Merc engine/trans. I'm not sure you would need it for the Hemi; if you are able to make repairs yourself you would probably spend less than the cost of the ext. warranty they're offering.

I say take that $3500 and put it in a money market account or such, so if you do need it it'll be there, and if you don't need it it will be YOUR MONEY
Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
06hemigrand
2006 WK 

thanks for the info and experiences I think I am going to not take it considering I am capable of doing most mechanic work myself other than removing an engine and transmition
thanks again
06hemigrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.