New Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with kevlar 245/70/17 put on a few days ago. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with kevlar 245/70/17 put on a few days ago.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-17-2014, 03:19 AM   #1
IBogusI

New Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with kevlar 245/70/17 put on a few days ago.

Hi everyone been lurking here for awhile. I was stuck between these or the duratracs but I saw the mileage these are supposed to get and I dont do alot of offroading. These are the LT tire so they have two layers of kevlar. I am really happy with them, actually feel alot better then the firestone destination LE's I bought it with. I have yet to take them offroad. They handled fine with heavy rain on the road and fine dry. Picked the jeep up back in November with a little over 48k on it. This is the first truck or suv I have ever owned, I have had a 2005 nissan sentra, a 1991 sentra and a bmw before this. I accidentally got into some serious offroading during a camping trick a few weeks ago and this jeep showed me how damn well it was built. Just stock for now. I am looking to do a budget lift, suggestions? Its just a 3.7

IBogusI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 05:33 AM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

If your looking to do a budget lift I would suggest the Rough Country 2" spacer lift. Main reason I suggest the RC lift over others is that they use steel spacers instead of poly spacers like some other companies use.
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
If your looking to do a budget lift I would suggest the Rough Country 2" spacer lift. Main reason I suggest the RC lift over others is that they use steel spacers instead of poly spacers like some other companies use.
I agree the rc lift is a great inexpensive option. I have had mine for a little over 2 years and it has been great. I would suggest getting better struts and shocks at the same time you install the lift though. I made that mistake and now I cant wait to get some bilstein struts.
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
IBogusI

thanks for the info guys illcheck it out.
Unread 02-19-2014, 03:46 AM   #5
IBogusI

Jvenrick how close are your tires to rubbing, did you have to cut or do any mods? or do you think you could have went bigger? im gonna get the rc lift. just wondered for the future.
Unread 02-20-2014, 12:35 AM   #6
Aclow33
2006 WK 

I'm selling my RC lift. Its brand new in box. Pm me
Unread 02-20-2014, 11:18 PM   #7
IBogusI

I would but im about to leave the us sunday wont be back till april. Maybe if you still gotem then!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.