new to the WK world :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > new to the WK world :)

FREE, FREE, FREE EVENT!! Save big on Lockers now till ApriJKS Grand Cherokee WJ, Adjustable Front Trackbar 1"-6Teraflex JK HD Hinged Carrier & Adjustable Spare Tire

Unread 07-29-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
Treleeorne
2010 WK 

new to the WK world :)

So ya i was just hoping for a few suggestions in regard to some up grades i can do to me Cherokee I would love to life it a few inches put some bigger tires on it. I understand there are a few different ways to do this? Can simply just buy these cheap kits for a few hundred dollars and expect to achieve the look i am going for, or will this cause me problems elsewhere?

Also what are some of your favourite mods to do to these Jeep's?

Is there anyway to boost the performance of my engine without voided warranties? Just hoping for a little more jam when taking off

thanks ahead of time for your help cheers from Edmonton, Alberta

Treleeorne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2015, 05:35 PM   #2
Fink132
2008 WK 

Welcome to the site! I am in Calgary. I encourage you to search and read on the topics you ask about above as there is some great information available about all that stuff on this site. Also, posting some info about your vehicle will help others recommend the best products for you and your goals (Engine, year, mileage)
Fink132 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2015, 06:16 PM   #3
modernblueWK
Web Wheeler

Spend some time reading the first 2-3 pages of this subforum. Lots to read and lots to learn.
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #4
JakeWK
Reap the Jeep

2005 WK 

Check out the Build Thread list to see what you like, and also the FAQ thread. Also...

Pics or it didn't happen! Let's see her!

HID Kit for sale

JakeWK Build
JakeWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2015, 11:37 PM   #5
Treleeorne
2010 WK 

so I've been looking around this forum and can't seem to find much on max tire size for my particular jeep... i do see a lot of stuff about tires but nothing that sounds familiar... the stock tire is p245/65r17, what is the biggest i can fit on there without any rub and same size rims? any help would be greatly appreciated
Treleeorne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2015, 07:05 AM   #6
SSF556
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treleeorne
so I've been looking around this forum and can't seem to find much on max tire size for my particular jeep... i do see a lot of stuff about tires but nothing that sounds familiar... the stock tire is p245/65r17, what is the biggest i can fit on there without any rub and same size rims? any help would be greatly appreciated
checkout build threads and tire/wheel threads...this subject has been discussed on the forum.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
SSF556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2015, 07:32 AM   #7
AReckless
2009 WK 

Hey Treleeorne,

Recently someone asked for max stock tire size on a '06. I have the '09 and your '10 will match this.

Here is the thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/t...mited-3347873/

Here is my post following the confirmed tire sizes that fit on a stock.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/t.../#post31393929
AReckless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.