New, weird sympton - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New, weird sympton

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 08-02-2014, 12:02 AM   #1
tabascocat
2005 WK 

New, weird sympton

Today, I was backed in a parking spot loading stuff in the Jeep. When finished, I put it in drive and an immediate jerk/clank thing happened as I pulled out. The truck bogged down and did not want to move. I put it in park, turned if off and restarted....no problems after. What the heck is this??

Last edited by tabascocat; 08-02-2014 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: spelling
tabascocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2014, 12:43 AM   #2
Chirpz

2007 WK 

It could be just a normal part of driving. Checking my list of starting nomenclature I find: The egg shell start, The jack rabbit start, The blazing start, The slam bang start, The grinding start, etc.... and now we can add the "Jerk/Clank" start. Sorry, couldn't resist it.

Hope it does not recur and all is well.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #3
boykinjw
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Had similar issues when my egr valve went.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.