new tires: cooper discoverer at3 (pics) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > new tires: cooper discoverer at3 (pics)

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 07-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
osd1

new tires: cooper discoverer at3 (pics)

hey now.

i put my intake work on hold because i really needed new tired. my bfg all terrains were shot. i kept one for my spare.

anyway, i got a set of cooper discoverer at3's in 285/70/17. according to coopers website, the overall width is 11.69" and the height is 32.76". so i am pretty much running 33's. these are a little bigger than my bfg at's that were the same size. only difference is i barely have any rubbing at all. i drove in a notorious pothole by me on purpose, its about 5" deep. first time i went real slow over it, second time real fast. no rubbing.

so for highway driving 33's on a ome lift are fine, atleast with my truck.
off roading, im not quite sure yet. ill let you know this september when hunting season begins and im driving on the trails to get my hunting spots.

anyway here are the pics, feel free to ask any questions.

osd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

damn those are huge, looks sick!
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

There are a lot of people running 285/70/17 here. But I wouldn't quite round up that much on the height. that extra .25" of an inch is noticeable to one who has stared at tires for a while, lol. But your Jeep looks very nice, very clean. Why the Cooper AT3's, and if it's not too much trouble can you snag a pic of the tread pattern on your new meats!

aj
Unread 07-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
Wifes_WK

http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light...ERER-A-T3.aspx
Wifes_WK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
osd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Carolina WK View Post
There are a lot of people running 285/70/17 here. But I wouldn't quite round up that much on the height. that extra .25" of an inch is noticeable to one who has stared at tires for a while, lol. But your Jeep looks very nice, very clean. Why the Cooper AT3's, and if it's not too much trouble can you snag a pic of the tread pattern on your new meats!

aj
i just had bfg at's so i figured id try something new. the price was right for the coopers. so i went with it. plus i never ever heard of anyone complain about cooper tires. so i figured why not. plus i like the way they look.

not for nothing, pro comps 33" mud tires have a diameter of 32.5", that 1/4" less than what mine are. mickey thompsons baja radial 33" tire is 32.80", thats only .4 inches more than mine. they are def in the real of 33's. what makes the 33" tires look bigger is their width. the 12.5" width staggers my 11.69" width.
osd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #6
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by osd1 View Post
i just had bfg at's so i figured id try something new. the price was right for the coopers. so i went with it. plus i never ever heard of anyone complain about cooper tires. so i figured why not. plus i like the way they look.

not for nothing, pro comps 33" mud tires have a diameter of 32.5", that 1/4" less than what mine are. mickey thompsons baja radial 33" tire is 32.80", thats only .4 inches more than mine. they are def in the real of 33's. what makes the 33" tires look bigger is their width. the 12.5" width staggers my 11.69" width.
Thats true.
Unread 07-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #7
jblock
2009 WK 

Nice tires, I like the look on your jeep...
Unread 07-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
oldmac1
2014 WK 

I too am very satisfied with my Cooper tires. Running CTS and they are great all year around tires. Don't do any off roading anymore though so I don't know what they are like there. Good tires for a good price.
15 Rubicon Unlimited
oldmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.