New member...I work for MagnaFlow - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New member...I work for MagnaFlow

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-18-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
craiglieberman

New member...I work for MagnaFlow

Hi all;
I'm a new member to the board. I also set up a sponsorship of the boards for this year and as the Marketing Director for MagnaFlow, let me just say that we're pleased to be associated with this group!

As a special treat, I just wanted to announce that we just released our 16665 2006 5.7L Hemi Commander system for you Commander guys.

If I/we can be of assistance, email me at clieberman@magnaflow.com

craiglieberman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2006, 06:12 PM   #2
Todd Abbott

Very cool- nice to have you aboard, I just noticed the release of the hemi cat back, I'm awaiting a 4.7 kit.
Todd Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
Chris05GrdCherk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Abbott
Very cool- nice to have you aboard, I just noticed the release of the hemi cat back, I'm awaiting a 4.7 kit.
Dont forget us WK 4.7ers
Unread 05-19-2006, 12:38 AM   #4
SYCOHEMI

Glad to see the aftermarket interested in this fun and capable vehicle.

Welcome to the family!
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2006, 07:13 PM   #5
Chipster009

Glad to see you on here....

I'm on the fence deciding to jump on the Gibson or Magnaflow kit for the 5.7L.

Gibson has a better price right now. Can Magnaflow match the $460 price?
Unread 05-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #6
SYCOHEMI

Hello Craig,

We're getting together at Hooter's Restaurant in Costa Mesa, Sat, May 27th at 1 pm if you want to join us. All other So Cal Commanders are welcome too!
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 05-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #7
craiglieberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster009
Glad to see you on here....

I'm on the fence deciding to jump on the Gibson or Magnaflow kit for the 5.7L.

Gibson has a better price right now. Can Magnaflow match the $460 price?
Long answer:
Well, you're sort of comparing apples to oranges, but it's a good question.

Gibson uses an aluminized steel, we use a shinier version of stainless. The material differences are radical...one is very shiny, one is very dull.

They use a chambered muffler, we use a straight through muffler.

Our warranty is lifetime, theirs is structured differently and applies to the original owner only, but is for "as long as the original owner owns the vehicle." That's still dang good.

Most of our systems have dyno results published, most of theirs don't.

Despite this, our products are usually very competitively priced.

Not sure why you thought Gibson had a better price...I couldn't find a published price on this system...it's too new and wasn't even updated on our site.

Short answer:
I had to check internally, as our website did not list a price. Your average Joe will pay about $447 by using any of our "Buy Online" partners. Those savvy consumers who call our Buy Online partners will probably come in another 5-10% lower than that.
Unread 05-22-2006, 03:42 PM   #8
craiglieberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
Hello Craig,

We're getting together at Hooter's Restaurant in Costa Mesa, Sat, May 27th at 1 pm if you want to join us. All other So Cal Commanders are welcome too!
Well, I'm always looking for an excuse to go to Hooter's, but this weekend, my in laws are in town. Thanks for the invite, but if I showed up in my German car, someone would pull a Monster Jam on my Nazi car and crush it.

Perhaps we should have a discussion about a Jeep-only meet hosted here at MagnaFlow, open to Jeep guys/gals. we have dynos, we usually do a BBQ and we're in south OC, close to some nice drives.

If any of you club leaders would like to discuss further, email me at clieberman@magnaflow.com
Unread 05-22-2006, 09:44 PM   #9
Todd Abbott

I can tell you in the drag race world Gibson is just not a player, maybe not a bad product but if I'm making an upgrade I want a FULL stainless kit, for me it's New england winters maybe your into trail running, either way it's wet and nasty and stainless is just more durable, period.
Unread 05-22-2006, 11:57 PM   #10
SYCOHEMI

From their website, Gibson has a choice of both aluminized and stainless steel, with 5 different exits, and 2000+ applications.

But, you can check for yourself, at their website:

http://www.gibsonperformance.com/exhaust.asp

If you check their warranty section, it also states the following:

STAINLESS STEEL PRODUCTS are warranted for rust-through.

I don't work for them, but owned a system on my Whipple Supercharged Tahoe and my friend is still driving the vehicle today, no problems. I've not personally owned Magnaflow, but they seem to be very popular too and I've heard good things about both. Not trying to give anyone a hard time, just want to make sure all the information is out there. Lot of great choices out there.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 05-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #11
Todd Abbott

Thats cool. I wasn't trying to dis Gibson's products either, I hope no one took it the wrong way. The point I was trying to make, not well I might add, is that high quality products designed for off road or racing are typically designed for harsher conditions or a specific harsh condition, this is one of the reasons we upgrade, to gain performance over OEM, while Aluminized construction is less expensive it's just not as durable as stainless, I'm sure we all know that. Now that I've rambled it cool that Gibson gives you the choice in materials to fit your buget and at 300plus less than Magnaflow I'm sure they'll sell there share.
Unread 05-23-2006, 01:56 PM   #12
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

I also work at an exhaust supplier for the automotive industry Faurecia. More importantly when comparing exhaust systems be sure to not only compare ' shiny' exhausts, but what is the material spec. There are many different stainless steels. You can go all the way from 300 series stainless to 441 Aluminized stainless steel, also what is the gauge of material (thickness). We know longer make aftermarket exhaust systems, but when we did I know that Magnaflow made some good products! Also try and get madrel bent or hydroformed construction much better and less restriction and backpressure than an exhaust bent exhaust at your local exhaust shop.
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #13
Chipster009

I happen to have a Stainless Steel exhaust kit from Techtonics Tuning / Borla for my daily driver (1998 VW Passat). It has held up for all of its 7 years on my vehicle with no problems.

As for the JC ... I'm holding off on any additional mods till after summer. I've got a timing belt change and brake rotor/pad change scheduled for my VW soon! 180,000 miles and running strong.
Unread 06-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #14
INTREPER

Craig, welcome to the board. I don't think we've ever met down at the Tech Center. My black XK was the commander used for the R&D of the 5.7 liter kit. Richard runs a great shop out there. Jimmy, your head welder is a a great guy to talk to. Just full of knowledge when it comes to vehicles and exhaust systems.

Question for you: a Jeep day would be a blast at the Tech center, but what good is your dyno with out it being a 4wd dyno
Hence, why you don't have printed dyno numbers for the commander yet.

Welcome to the board and I look forward to meeting you in person.
Unread 06-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #15
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiglieberman
Hi all;
I'm a new member to the board. I also set up a sponsorship of the boards for this year and as the Marketing Director for MagnaFlow, let me just say that we're pleased to be associated with this group!

As a special treat, I just wanted to announce that we just released our 16665 2006 5.7L Hemi Commander system for you Commander guys.

If I/we can be of assistance, email me at clieberman@magnaflow.com

If you're planning on selling this sysytem, you need to be a vendor.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.