new to me wk, cruise quit working on the way home - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > new to me wk, cruise quit working on the way home

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-24-2013, 03:14 AM   #1
chance_p
2008 WK 

new to me wk, cruise quit working on the way home

Hey guys I just picked up a 2008 wk today. About 1 hr into my 6 hour drive home I shut the cruise off because of traffic. When I turned it back on the cruise letters pop up on the dash but it will not set. Im going to try swapping a fresh fuse tomorrow, but does anyone have any other suggestions? Im pretty disappointed that this has happened. Could I have changed a setting that would cause this? I searched but all the threads I found people said that their dash wouldn't display "cruise" when turned on, which is why I started a new thread.

Unread 10-24-2013, 03:31 AM   #2
Eastwk
2007 WK 

I have to hit cruise then hit it again to set
Eastwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:15 AM   #3
chrali
2006 XK Commander 

Are your tyres evenly worn? My xh drops out of cruise as mine hadn't been rotated. I feel the jeep tugging as it thinks it's losing grip and I assume it's braking a wheel thus dropping out of cruise. When is really bad then the tcs light shows. If I disable the tcs I haven't a problem.
chrali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
chance_p
2008 WK 

CEL came on. Read codes.P0457, p2299, p0884n, c2100 (check gascap has been on since I bought it, but I was informed of this at purchase). I erased all codes and now cruise works again. From those codes, does anyone have a clue as to what caused my issue?
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
chance_p
2008 WK 

Appears I could have applied the gas and brake at the same time causing the p2299 which can cause the cruise to stop engaging. Hope this helps someone
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:46 AM   #6
chance_p
2008 WK 

Well it quit working again. No CEL. Gas cap/evap problem hasnt been fixed yet. Anyone have any ideas?
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
modernblueWK

Cruise doesnt work if there is a cel fault i think.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #8
chance_p
2008 WK 

Pulled codes today... none were found. Told my scanner to clear codes anyways. Cruise works again. What gives? Ive got an appointment to get my PCM flashed next week. Maybe that will help sort it out.
Unread 11-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #9
chance_p
2008 WK 

Incase anyone finds this in search results... my vaccum purge solenoid was stuck causing BOTH of my issues. Hooked it up to a snapon computer, ran a purge test on the evap system, both issues immediately cleared up. The test must have put a little more pressure on the solenoid to unstick it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.