New to me, mods to come! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New to me, mods to come!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
klwk
2008 WK 

New to me, mods to come!

Hey Guys!
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself... actually myself and my wife (klwk = Kevin & Lisa's WK) since it will actually be her vehicle.
We get our 08 3.0WK on Monday or Tuesday when it gets out of the shop having a new t case installed, One of the first of many parts to be replaced. It has 107,000km (66,500miles)
So far on the list of things to do(other then the tcase):
Serpentine belt
Passenger side mirror (can I replace just the mirror, or do I have to get a new housing?)
Right marker light
Windshield
Rear pinion seal
Front right strut. Obviously going to do both fronts, and probably rear shocks while im at it. And with that said, what suspension mods are popular(I hate replacing stock worn out parts with more stock parts), not looking for a big lift(maybe 2") just a better quality shock/strut setup.
A fair bit of stuff to do right off the hop with a new vehicle, but we got it for (what I believe to be) a good price... just as long as it doesn't continue to need lots of parts and repairs.

As for the Upgrades I have already done some reading on here and figure I should also:
immobilize the swirl motor,
Delete the EGR (is it better to remove it completely with a blocker plate, or...)
delete DPF,
Get TUNED! (which company do most seem to agree is the best value/performance)
aaand... what else do you guys recommend I Build/Buy/Modify?

Thanks for any help and advice the group may have for me, im looking forward to being part of this community (I also spend a lot of time over at dieselplace.com & duramaxforum.com because of my ...heavily modified 06 GMC 2500HD Duramax)

klwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #2
ColoradoGrand05
2005 WK 

Check out Omelet's thread for mod ideas. Fair warning though, you may find your list a mile long.

Colorado Jeep club #288
ColoradoGrand05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
klwk
2008 WK 

Ya thats usually how it goes once you get this style of vehicle and link up with one of these sites.
its getting to the point now with my other truck that i think it has more aftermarket or fabricated parts then it has factory pieces.
Unread 07-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #4
klwk
2008 WK 

bump, Sooo am I on the right track with what mods I should be doing? is there anything else I should do(not going as overboard as omelet)
Most of all I want to know what tuner most guys prefer!(economy more so than all out power)
Unread 07-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

Here is my list of mods in order that they were done: -
* 17" Jeep Commander rims with 265/70/17 Cooper AT3's.
* Dash, floor & cargo mats.
* OME 2 1/2" lift.
* GDE Eco Tune.
* 2nd Battery install.
* 3" Stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust with SS muffler.
* AFE High flow air filter.
* Provent 200 Catch Can.
* Modified ARB front bar.
* Whisper roof racks.
* Cabin air filter & housing.
* Pioneer double din unit with GPS, reversing camera etc.
* Custom flexible rubber rear mudflaps.
* LED globes to all interior lights.
* Upgraded headlight globes.
* Cree reverse light globes.
* Custom made rock sliders.
* Airflow snorkel.
* 22" Light bar.

That's pretty much it for me for the moment.....no wait, I have some 2013 Rubicon wheels arriving today.

Cheers, Craig
Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.