new (to me) gc limited...intro - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > new (to me) gc limited...intro

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
oaklandopen

new (to me) gc limited...intro

just traded in a vehicle for this 07...

....thus completing our 2-4-6-8 fleet. V-twin bike, 4 cyl hyundai (mine), '12 3500 cummins, and the hemi jeep (hers). The truck pulls a ~35' 5th wheel

Ive come full circle with the grand cherokee, having had a '94 with the 5.2 as my first vehicle (thanks dad). Between the wife and i it is our 6th jeep, if i remember correctly

Anyway, it was purchased to add another 4wd vehicle because we both have to be into work no matter what the weather brings. So far its been good minus a few gremlins like the rear passenger door not auto unlocking a couple times. The only other issue i have so far is the plastic cover for the drivers seat controls. It was broken when we got it, and even though i tried my best to epoxy it back together it just broke again anyway. I feel the real problem is the seat bolster on that side is not adequate for the normal adult male weight to bear on, so im at a loss to leave it be or get a whole new piece. I think it might crack again regardless. Has anyone else had this problem?

Been trolling on here for a while, thought i might actually post a hello. Look forward to more trolling and asking so questions as they arise

oaklandopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I have never heard of that problem before. Sounds like the previous owner accidently hit it getting it or something.
BLACK WK CLUB #87

LOOKING TO BUY: 4XGUARD SKIDS, SUPERCHIP 3870/3872, CATCH CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmojo
Jeep's prefer the company of other Jeep's over that of other vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imann View Post
I love the Hemi....insane power....sports car like acceleration.....passes everything but the gas station.....
Jeepforthewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Welcome.... I too have an 07. Mine's a CRD.

Best advice right off.... AVOID the N23 Recall. Don't do it. You can read all the tales of woe on this forum of those who did.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
oaklandopen

Ahead of you on that one

Unfortunately I DID get it used, and not only did the carfax not mention pending recalls but the dealer also explained to me they always update any software and take care of any recalls for any used vehicle of theirs that ends up on their lot

It was a worry of mine for sure, but so far (knock on wood) it has worked the maybe 5 times we put it in low in the week we've had it. I know some ppl have had reoccurring problems after a month so I'm still remaining cautiously optimistic. We also went ahead and got the premium extended factory warranty plan for 3/36 with a $200 deductible. At already 73k miles I'm hoping catastrophic stuff happens before 110k, or at least 100 little electrical things that only need $200 from me to fix all at once

Aside from the obvious low mileage its been good. And I mean ridiculously low, like 10 and 11 in two fillups. I chalk that up to the seafoam treatment I did one day, a couple trips in the snow in tow mode, blatent warm-up times (darn you remote start!), and simply no highway miles. I told the wife it was going to be bad, but this is worse than our old 2010 1500 hemi was.

I'm also going to be in the market for tires a little sooner than I wish. I would absolutely LOVE to have a separate summer and winter set but I'll have to see how things go financially
oaklandopen is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.