New Lift, Tire & Wheels - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New Lift, Tire & Wheels

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #16
Snow4Lif3
2005 WK 

May I suggest you to read the forum a lot and check the builds threads and advices of peoples here before you spending money on parts.

You will make no mistake and save your money !

Just an exemple, I bough the Teraflex 2" spacer lift and installed Bilsteins shock front and rear. Thats before I knew the Old Man Emu lift give 3" of lift and more suspension travel... (more expensive but wort it)... Now I regret to have not spend my money on the OME lift first !

You will also have to chose which wheel and wheel spacer combo you want, depending on the tire you will buy, depending of the lift you will buy...

So, my recommendation : read alot before you use your credit card !

2005 WK 5.7L Limited QDII | Superlift | 1" Bora wheel spacers | Moab wheels | BFG A/T 285/70R17E | MDS light | SuperChips FlashPaq | Taylor Shorties wires | BT catch can | Volant CAI | Gibson Catback | S4xC Front Shackles | Anodized blue painted calipers | Stillen Rotors & Pads | 25W Cree LED Backup Reverse | Nokya Hyper Yellow Fog | ....
Snow4Lif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #17
SamanthaAnn
2008 WK 

I looked up a few different chips. but why pay about 400 for a chip if they have them for like 60 bucks.. I'm sure there's a difference but i really don't no what i'm looking for. All i want right now is to get better gas milage lol
SamanthaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #18
Snow4Lif3
2005 WK 

For 300 $ or less (maybe you can find a used unit), you can have the Superchip flashpaq 3875 programmer.

I have this programmer since a year. I changed my tire size and used the performance 91 octane. There is a milleage tune, a towing tune, etc. and a Trans app with which you can change ****ing schedule.

If you can wait, Superchips planned to release the new Vivid programmer so when it comme out, there will probably be more used flashpaq 3875 unit available. For a new unit, the best price are from Kolak, a seller here.

Some people here use the Diablo Sports programmer.
2005 WK 5.7L Limited QDII | Superlift | 1" Bora wheel spacers | Moab wheels | BFG A/T 285/70R17E | MDS light | SuperChips FlashPaq | Taylor Shorties wires | BT catch can | Volant CAI | Gibson Catback | S4xC Front Shackles | Anodized blue painted calipers | Stillen Rotors & Pads | 25W Cree LED Backup Reverse | Nokya Hyper Yellow Fog | ....
Snow4Lif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 05:18 AM   #19
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaAnn View Post
5.7 L Hemi .. I'll def look into getting a chip, are they pricey?
if you have a 5.7 hemi, i would probably go with the diablo tuner rather than the superchips. the diablo is used by the SRT guys and they love it. if you dont plan on taking it offroad THAT much i would look into bwoody 4" air intake.

sorry i know youre a girl, i was just trying to help lol. also those $60 chips cause more trouble than they are worth. with a programmer like a superchips and a diablo- you can adjust your speedometer to accomodate the change in tire size as well as tune the vehicle to your liking.
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:02 AM   #20
SamanthaAnn
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym

if you have a 5.7 hemi, i would probably go with the diablo tuner rather than the superchips. the diablo is used by the SRT guys and they love it. if you dont plan on taking it offroad THAT much i would look into bwoody 4" air intake.

sorry i know youre a girl, i was just trying to help lol. also those $60 chips cause more trouble than they are worth. with a programmer like a superchips and a diablo- you can adjust your speedometer to accomodate the change in tire size as well as tune the vehicle to your liking.
No , thanks so much for your help .. I just feel like an idiot when every starts talking parts lol I'm hardly gonna use it for off road and I have an in take .. Dunno which one lol I'll look .. So this chip .. Just goes in my jeep.. I'm assuming I should probably get someone who knows what there doing to install it lol
SamanthaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:19 AM   #21
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaAnn View Post
No , thanks so much for your help .. I just feel like an idiot when every starts talking parts lol I'm hardly gonna use it for off road and I have an in take .. Dunno which one lol I'll look .. So this chip .. Just goes in my jeep.. I'm assuming I should probably get someone who knows what there doing to install it lol
nah you can do it yourself, plug it into the obd II port under the dash on the drivers side, pick your tune, download it to the jeep, unplug it and youre good to go.. pretty easy

Tags
lift advice , off road , tires , wheels

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.