New Lift, Tire & Wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New Lift, Tire & Wheels

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
SamanthaAnn
2008 WK 

New Lift, Tire & Wheels

Hey, I'm new to this forum and i was hoping someone could help me out. I have a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I want to get a lift anywhere between 2 and 3 inches and get a nice beefy tire with a nice set of wheels ..probably black.. I think I want off road tires, but I hardly ever go off roading.. so maybe there's a different tire i should be getting? I have NO idea what to get or where to go.. or what's even going to fit! I don't want to go to a place to get it done because I wasn't looking to spend THAT much.. i know someone who can do the lift but I want to be able to know what I'm talking about .. so if anyone has any suggestions please help!

SamanthaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Budasac
2005 WK 

I would suggest you look through the Wheel and Tire thread and also the FAQ's.

Once you do you'll have a better idea of what the end result will look like with different combos. There's also a ton of info in the build threads which you can also find links to at the top of the WK page.

If you're not looking to spend alot of money you're going to want a Budget Boost like Rough Country or Daystar which will give you about 2" and allow you to fit 265/70/17 or 255/75/17 tires(with some mods). That's a pretty common set-up.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
SamanthaAnn
2008 WK 

Thanks so much! ..looking through the tire and wheel link def. helped me see how i want my truck to look. If i just did a 2 inch spacer .. would i feel a difference in the way it rides?
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
SamanthaAnn
2008 WK 

ps your jeep looks sick!
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
DuncsWK
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaAnn View Post
Thanks so much! ..looking through the tire and wheel link def. helped me see how i want my truck to look. If i just did a 2 inch spacer .. would i feel a difference in the way it rides?
The spacer lifts don't change the ride or handling. The only thing you might notice is that your center of gravity goes up (you'll lean a bit more in the corners)
DuncsWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #6
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Actually Buds pic needs to be updated in that list because he ditched the chrome (thank God).... Whenever you get a moment, Bud, can you post an updated pic (full body side-pic) of your WK in ur build thread...

aj
Unread 10-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #7
SamanthaAnn
2008 WK 

Another quick question.. i already get 12 miles to the gallon.. is the 2 inch lift going to make it worse? If so.. should i just get the biggest tires the can fit without a lift? I don't know what to do!
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #8
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Another quick question.. i already get 12 miles to the gallon.. is the 2 inch lift going to make it worse? If so.. should i just get the biggest tires the can fit without a lift? I don't know what to do!
The tires selection will affect your mpg far more than your lift... If you really want to lift and get tires... Stick to All-Terrains, keep your air-dam on, and don't put anything on your roof, keep your tires inflated properly, make sure you get those tires balanced and suspension aligned. Keep up with your air filter, and replace your 02 sensors according to the maintenance schedule.
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
SamanthaAnn
2008 WK 

oh wow .. can't believe i didn't know that! See i learn something new everyday .. but what's an air-dam? and when or how would i know when to change my 02 sensor lol I obviously don't know anything about the car internally i just want to make it look nice!
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #10
DuncsWK
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
oh wow .. can't believe i didn't know that! See i learn something new everyday .. but what's an air-dam? and when or how would i know when to change my 02 sensor lol I obviously don't know anything about the car internally i just want to make it look nice!
The air dam is below the bumper...

With the airdam...

lift & tires front by kamileon50, on Flickr

Without the airdam..

perched jeep by kamileon50, on Flickr
DuncsWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #11
paroxysym
2007 WK 

if you got a tuner and adjusted your speedo and what not with it your MPGs would not be effected. im running 255s and a BB and see close to 19 on the highway and anywhere from 15-16 just cruising around, and thats on a 91 tune from a superchips flashpaq. as for tires, if youre not wheeling much id look into an all-terrain.

yes the BB will effect your ride alittle, depending how worn out your other suspension components are...
Unread 10-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
SamanthaAnn
2008 WK 

your speaking like another language to me.. mind you i am a GIRL lol soo what the heck is a BB .. and where do i get a chip from! lol
Unread 10-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #13
stanton3
2007 WK 

BB- budget boost aka a spacer lift.

What engine do you have? Superchips make tuners for the 4.7 and 5.7. Look around and search some more to get a better idea.

The lift will not hurt your mpg much, but the bigger tires will. Expect a couple mpg drop or more depending on how aggressive tires you go with. Any bigger/heavier tires are going to hurt your mpg.

Look through all the stickies and check out the build threads to get a better idea.
2007 WK 4x4 | OME HD 3" Lift | OME Shocks front + rear | 265/70/17 BFG All Terrains | 1.25" Wheel Spacers on stock wheels | Saguaro4xcomponents 5/8" Front recovery shackles | Aries Taillight Guards | PIAA 510 fogs in stock location | Midland 1001z Cb | Mopar Rear recovery hook | Rola Roof Rack |2 Hella 500ffs mounted behind grill | Firestick 3' Antenna | Saguaro Antenna Mount | Front Bumper Cut/Fender Trim | OEM Front suspension skid | 4xguard Front skid | Rusty's .5" Front Spacer | Lots more to come

[SIZE="3"]Want to buy: 4xguard Rear Guard[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/stanton3s-build-wk-1134656/"]My Build[/URL][/SIZE]

[B][COLOR="Gray"]
[SIZE="3"][URL="http://wrjeepclub.com/"]Warner Robins Jeep Club[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
stanton3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #14
SamanthaAnn
2008 WK 

5.7 L Hemi .. I'll def look into getting a chip, are they pricey?
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #15
stanton3
2007 WK 

Research and see. Search on here for chips on the 5.7, there are tons of threads on them. See what best fits for you, most people like the superchips because it also offers a trans app.
2007 WK 4x4 | OME HD 3" Lift | OME Shocks front + rear | 265/70/17 BFG All Terrains | 1.25" Wheel Spacers on stock wheels | Saguaro4xcomponents 5/8" Front recovery shackles | Aries Taillight Guards | PIAA 510 fogs in stock location | Midland 1001z Cb | Mopar Rear recovery hook | Rola Roof Rack |2 Hella 500ffs mounted behind grill | Firestick 3' Antenna | Saguaro Antenna Mount | Front Bumper Cut/Fender Trim | OEM Front suspension skid | 4xguard Front skid | Rusty's .5" Front Spacer | Lots more to come

[SIZE="3"]Want to buy: 4xguard Rear Guard[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/stanton3s-build-wk-1134656/"]My Build[/URL][/SIZE]

[B][COLOR="Gray"]
[SIZE="3"][URL="http://wrjeepclub.com/"]Warner Robins Jeep Club[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
stanton3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift advice , off road , tires , wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.