New to the Jeep way of life, looking for a little wisdom - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New to the Jeep way of life, looking for a little wisdom

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
psmask01
2005 WK 

New to the Jeep way of life, looking for a little wisdom

Hey, everybody. I am new to this forum and the Jeep world totally. In fact I am only in the market for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am in the process of purchasing a 2005 4.7 Grand Cherokee (not final, dealer is awaiting arrival of the title and I have given a deposit). I was just wondering the reliability of these models. I have hands down decided that my next vehicle will be a Jeep, and am in the market. The one I found is from a dealer with 117k miles. It has 4 previous owners, but is an immaculate condition and rides like a dream. Are these prone to tranny issues or anything else to be concerned. It will basically be everyday driver with maybe a little seasonal towing but not much and no more than 3500lbs. Thanks everyone I am looking forward to hearing from you all.

psmask01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #2
modernblueWK

Read the stickies.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
Ariont
2009 WK 

This sticky in particular is very helpful... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/b...-read-1458434/

And welcome to the Jeepforum community...
Proud Member of the Black WK Club - MEMBER #128
Ariont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Personally, I would look for a year or 2 newer. Lower miles, not much more $s, and siimply newer-ish...... but the 05 is as solid as any other year.

The 4.7 is a great package. Easy to maintain and keep purring like a kitten. 3500 lbs is not a problem for that motor at all. I pull well over that when towing my XJ and the Jeep does great.

Good luck w/ the purchase and welcome to the WK!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.