New Jeep Owner 2005 WK Limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New Jeep Owner 2005 WK Limited

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadOconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 03-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
Cgonzalez
2005 WK 

New Jeep Owner 2005 WK Limited

I just purchased a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7L HEMI engine. It has 110k miles and bought it for 7000. Really excited about it but it does need some work. Ball joints, struts, and needs an immediate tune up!! Anyways wondering if i got a good deal and if theres any comments on what to buy as far as ball joints, struts, and the spark plugs!! THANKS

Cgonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Sounds like a good deal, since I think that's all my 4.7 is worth. Hows the exterior and interior?
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
Cgonzalez
2005 WK 

The interior is in great shape. No rips on the leather and the carpets are clean. All electrical equipment seems to be working fine. The exterior is also in good shape besides a little spot where the paint peeled off but is about the size of a quarter. Transmission and engine seem to be in good shape but it does need a tune up.
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

I think you scored big on this one. Many vehicles with that mileage (depending on maintenance history) would need much of what you're planning to do. When I bought mine 3 1/2 years ago, with 48K on it, I went through everything, just so I'd know what and how things were done. It's been virtually trouble free since then, with only normal wear and tear items needing repair/replacement.

Ball joints, struts, and tune up is all easy stuff. I would recommend doing a complete (and then some) 90-100K service on it...replace all fluids/oils and filters (trans/diffs/Xfer case/radiator), serpentine belt, MAP Sensor, clean the throttle body (and get a catch can), check the spark plug wire resistance (if bad, get Taylor Shorties), EGR Valve, O2 Sensors, etc. For ball joints, Moog are good, for shocks, many of us use Bilsteins (I love them), and I use NGK LZTR4A-11 (Stock No. 5306) spark plugs (it takes 16 plugs) in both my Hemi vehicles. Any good copper core (a must) plugs will work though. If you do all this yourself, you should be able to do everything for ~$1000-1500, and you should have a pretty good and reliable vehicle. Also, use a good synthetic engine oil.....must be 5W-20 for the MDS to work properly. All oils/fluids/filters will run over $300. The good thing too is that you don't have to do it all immediately. Just make a list, prioritize it and pick away at them. Let us know how it goes, and welcome to the forum.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
Jaashua
2005 WK 

That's what I did. Every time I could afford it, I checked something off the list.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
Cgonzalez
2005 WK 

Thanks alot for the comments!!! I will make a list and start working on the Jeep this weekend...

Tags
hemi , newbie , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.