New guy here! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New guy here!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Laxxer
2008 WK 

New guy here!

Hey guys! I'm not exactly new, I've been lurking long before I actually owned my WK. This is my first Jeep I've been wanting one of these with a Hemi for years, and about 2 months ago, I was finally able to afford to buy one! I spent a couple months looking for the right one and I finally found it. I picked up a 2008 Grand Cherokee Limited with about 22,000 miles on it. I am so happy I bought it!

My plans are to get new wheels and tires, as well as lift it about 2-3". This is my daily driver so I don't want to get too crazy. I will off road it every now and then. Any suggestions as to which lift I should by would be greatly appreciated. I also want to color match my grille, and chance all the rest of the chrome to anthracite. I've already changed the tail lights to LED's but don't have any pictures of that yet. This is probably all going to happen over a longer period of time since I still have student loans and other bills to pay first. I'm sure I'll be stealing a lot of ideas along the way!

jeep-1.jpg

jeep-2.jpg

jeep-3.jpg

Unread 10-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Nice Jeep! Low miles too

I have an 06' Hemi Limited and love it. Currently looking at an SRT this weekend.

Reason I say that is because if I get an SRT i'll have a few things for sale (TB, K&N Intake, Tuner).

Check out the FAQ Sticky and that should give you good insight on what lift/tire setup to run based on your style/needs!
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Welcome to the forum!! great find on the Jeep especially with that mileage! Always nice to have another black Hemi rolling around as far as lifts. For a 2-3" lift the best you can get is OME. It's is a full suspension lift including front and rear coils and also shocks and struts. The cheaper alternative is a spacer lift like Rough Country. Most people choose OME due to replacement of the factory suspension parts that wear out over time. Let us know if you have anymore questions!
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
Laxxer
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafer57 View Post
Nice Jeep! Low miles too

I have an 06' Hemi Limited and love it. Currently looking at an SRT this weekend.

Reason I say that is because if I get an SRT i'll have a few things for sale (TB, K&N Intake, Tuner).

Check out the FAQ Sticky and that should give you good insight on what lift/tire setup to run based on your style/needs!
Awesome! I love the SRT's as well, except I don't think I could handle the gas for it. It's a big enough adjustment with this coming from a Sentra If you do end up selling it, definitely keep me in mind as far as parts!
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
Laxxer
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
Welcome to the forum!! great find on the Jeep especially with that mileage! Always nice to have another black Hemi rolling around as far as lifts. For a 2-3" lift the best you can get is OME. It's is a full suspension lift including front and rear coils and also shocks and struts. The cheaper alternative is a spacer lift like Rough Country. Most people choose OME due to replacement of the factory suspension parts that wear out over time. Let us know if you have anymore questions!
Thanks for the advice! I will definitely have to check out prices and everything. Unfortunately my pockets only run so deep. I'll check out the FAQ and see what some of my options are as well!
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

'08 with 22K on the ticker = very nice!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
Laxxer
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
'08 with 22K on the ticker = very nice!
Yeah I was really lucky to find it! Some old guy in SW Iowa owned it and parked it through the winters. Traded it in for the new model. It has about 25600 now.
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #8
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Welcome!! Nice set of wheels!
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #9
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Oh btw, in regards to your grill and all look into plasti-dip. A big majority of us on here have it on out vehicles atleast somewhere. Great stuff and its removable!
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #10
Laxxer
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
Oh btw, in regards to your grill and all look into plasti-dip. A big majority of us on here have it on out vehicles atleast somewhere. Great stuff and its removable!
I've thought about that, but since I have the brilliant black pearl I thought it might look kind of funny. I was hoping to find one somewhere that matched my paint, but I'm not shelling out $250. I might just get a spray can of touche up paint, or my cousin paints motorcycles and might have him use something higher quality. Just really not a fan of all this chrome.
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
Laxxer
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
Welcome!! Nice set of wheels!
Thanks! I have to say though, that was the only thing I didn't like on it. They're actually plastic covers. I plan on getting different wheels, possibly some moabs off of a JK or Pintlers. I liked the mamba mr1's but I saw that they were discontinued.
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxxer View Post
Thanks! I have to say though, that was the only thing I didn't like on it. They're actually plastic covers. I plan on getting different wheels, possibly some moabs off of a JK or Pintlers. I liked the mamba mr1's but I saw that they were discontinued.
I meant.... Nice Rig... Nice Ride... Nice Buggy... the whole thing not just the wheels.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #13
Laxxer
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
I meant.... Nice Rig... Nice Ride... Nice Buggy... the whole thing not just the wheels.
OH! Gotcha, haha thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.