The New Guy - Getting a Commander for the Wifey - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > The New Guy - Getting a Commander for the Wifey

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 01-23-2007, 08:17 AM   #16
JohnnyBighead
2007 XK Commander 

those are good tips. how does the phone connect to the u-connect? i have never had anything bluetooth and i am behind the times when it comes to that stuff. do you have a picture of what you are talking about with the 2x4, sounds like a great addition. Thanks!

JohnnyBighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #17
Francos_Cmdr

picture

I'm a newbie to the board, and I understand that it takes a while before they allow me to post a picture.. Its pretty straightforward however. You will see two plastic "Pulls" right near the tail of the floor and on the outsides. I just cut a 2x4 so that it sits snuggly across with about an eighth inch space on each side. The wood just sits flat and in front of the Pulls. This just keeps stuff from rolling out.

The "U" connect took some reading the manual to get working, but it wasn't too hard. You just turn the Bluetooth on on your phone, then follow the prompts for "Setup" and you're good to go. You assign priorities to phones the U-connect is gonna see. In my case I'm numero-uno, the wife is Number 2 and the boys are 3 and 4. The system recognizes all phones in the car. So when your wife takes the vehicle it will see her phone and work using her's. You can't really swap easily when both are in the car, its gonna pick you.

I really like it when on the road since it allows you to put more attention to driving, and it is also nice to get incoming calls and not have to fidget to find your phone. I clip mine to the sunvisor, and that makes for better cellular reception as a by product.

KKKKFL
Francos_Cmdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #18
JohnnyBighead
2007 XK Commander 

its been a while, but i just wanted to check in, we finally got a jeep but its not a commander. its a new 4 door jk, we may upgrade to the commander later but the jk makes sense for us now. here are a few pics of it:

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ent=topadj.jpg

any my wife with her new toy!
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...t=landjeep.jpg
Unread 07-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #19
OnionCrk

VERY NICE!! Enjoy the new JK...
OnionCrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #20
JohnnyBighead
2007 XK Commander 

hey thanks! we are loving it so far! now its time to accesorize!
Unread 07-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #21
zjkid
1997 ZJ 

Nice jk, you'll like it better than the commander, in my opinion, the back seat is alot bigger and more comfortable.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #22
JohnnyBighead
2007 XK Commander 

do you have a commander? took the jk out for a spin today and im loving, i think we made a great choice!
Unread 07-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #23
zjkid
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBighead
do you have a commander? took the jk out for a spin today and im loving, i think we made a great choice!
No, but i rode to Colorado in one from MI, not fun in the back seat.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #24
JohnnyBighead
2007 XK Commander 

okay we have another update...we traded in the jk and got a commander... its a long story but we are really excited! i will post pics and such as i get them and we are planning some stuff so i will post it accordingly. Thanks for everything!
Unread 07-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #25
JerseyDrew77
2006 XK Commander 

I know I am a little late but I just signed up on the forums. A solution for the back cargo area to prevent things from falling out when you open the door is a cargo net. I bought one from www.autotrucktoys.com for my Commander and it works great!
JerseyDrew77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 12:32 PM   #26
scottydog
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBighead
hey hows it going everybody. im new around here, you have a great forum set up! Pretty soon i will be getting my wife an '07 Commander. Shes currently in a '96 Grand Cherokee and loves jeeps in general. Any advice for a soon to be buyer? Any factory options we should look at? She has never had a new car so i want to go all out but if some stuff isnt necessary let me know. what is the difference in all the packages? i was thinking about the mineral gray exterior with the saddle brown leather. but let me know and everything you guys tell me will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

You should be able to get a great deal on Commanders, as they have been slow moving off the lots. Essentially a slightly expanded Grand Cherokee. You should be aware the commander will be discontinued in a couple of years, so depreciation may take a toll on it. If she doesn't absolutely need 8 seat belts consider the WK.
scottydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.