New to Forum - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New to Forum

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
pistolaccents
2010 WJ 

New to Forum

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member to the forum.. I bought my first Jeep 2010 Grand Cherokee Limited S w/ Hemi.. I traded in a Trailblazer SS.. I been reading the forum for a few days , alot of info and help here.. No mod's done to the Jeep yet except for a Super Chip that will be installed once received.. I ordered it from a forum member here.. Looking forward on getting advice and maybe give some as well

pistolaccents is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Welcome!!! If you need any inspiration for mods look at the build list sticky! Alot of great builds! Definitely check out Omelet's build thread he has alot of amazing work and some custom mods!
Unread 08-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Welcome to the family! looking forward to another WK build
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Welcome and congrats on the new purchase. What are you planning for the wk? Off road or street?
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #5
BurmaJack
2008 WK 

Welcome! You will find this forum has great people and is a tremendous resource for tips, tech info and great ideas!

Blue WK Club Member #2
BurmaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Welcome to the WK! You'll enjoy the Superchips.

Only a matter of time before you begin the modifications - especially if you spend any time here in JF.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
pistolaccents
2010 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick View Post
Welcome and congrats on the new purchase. What are you planning for the wk? Off road or street?
Mostly street... I would like to try some off road eventually.. I am more of a street person...
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
pistolaccents
2010 WJ 

Well the Superchip didnt work in my truck I sent Superchip the files they needed and after a couple of days I called them for the fix and they told me I have to wait for a phone call.. I called back the next day they told me maybe 2 weeks I would have an answer and were really rude. I had it returned and ordered a Diablo inTune, after trying it for 2 hours it didnt work and got stuck in the loop of rebooting.. I called Diablo and in 5 minutes it was unlocked and the car took the tune... It did wake it up a bit but the transmission still wasn't right. I contacted Sean at Hemi fever about my concerns in an email. Today he responded and said he could help me. I paid for the tune and within a couple of hours he sent me a 93 Octane custom tune. I installed the custom tune and let me tell you this truck is running awesome , and the transmission is spot on. I just installed this morning a K&N Cold Air Intake. Sean at Hemi Fever is awesome I highly recommend him. He asked me to also send a log with certain PID's so he can see how the Jeep is running. Even though the Jeep isnt my Trailblazer it still has the power I expected out of this Hemi. Now I am totally satisfied that I bought it..
Note: Superchip still hasnt called about the tuner its been 2 weeks.
I think Diablo is the way to go even if you dont get a custom tune.
Unread 08-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #9
JeepN4KC

So the only thing you have is a Diablo custom 93 octane tune?

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #10
pistolaccents
2010 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
So the only thing you have is a Diablo custom 93 octane tune?
Actually No .. Sean had to make a new 93 Tune from scratch.. The Diablo didnt have a 93 tune option for my year
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #11
R32R1
2006 WK 

Why would you ever trade a TBSS for a WK?!
R32R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #12
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolaccents View Post

Actually No .. Sean had to make a new 93 Tune from scratch.. The Diablo didnt have a 93 tune option for my year
Gotcha, I was confused. They threw you a bone and gave that tune as a bonus.

When I got my SC I had to do some fenagling to get it to upload into my Jeep. I can't remember exactly what the deal was but it was something like a G4 error message and I had to work w/ SC rep but they were on it and I was on it and it got resolved in a day or so.

edit:

It was a G-3F error message and here is a link to the thread in which I ran through the fix:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/s...58/?highlight=

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 08-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #13
pistolaccents
2010 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32R1 View Post
Why would you ever trade a TBSS for a WK?!
The Trailblazer was awesome, but the mileage was making in depreciate and also it was terrible in the snow.. I needed something that would get me home in 3-5 inches of snow 38 miles in less than 6 hours. So I figured this Jeep would do it.. I hope I am not disappointed..Yes the Trailblazer was AWD but in the slow it was really bad. I even but on Blizzacks an still had a hard time staying on the road

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.