New Engine - 2006 Jeep GCL 3.7L - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New Engine - 2006 Jeep GCL 3.7L

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 08-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
ilovejeep
2006 XJ Cherokee 

New Engine - 2006 Jeep GCL 3.7L

Hi Friends

I have a well-cared 2006 JEEP Grand Cherokee Laredo, 3.7L with around 69,500 miles on it. I did the previous oil change and service at the dealer just a month ago.

Last week while driving I got the message 'CHECK GUAGES' followed by 'TRANSMISSION OVER TEMP' soon the jeep stopped. I tried to start but It was not starting. I never received any message saying that the coolant system was low anytime before this incident.

I towed it to the nearby Jeep dealer they did some diagnostics and I was told that the water pump is leaking coolant and there is no compression in cylinder #1. They recommend replacement of water pump and left cylinder head.

The estimate to replace the left cylinder head and water pump including diagnosis is $3,150.00. I was told that there may be other repairs needed, will need to remove left cylinder head to know if there is any other damage/required parts.

Today I received a call again from the dealer saying that I need to replace buy a new ENGINE which would cost me $7500. I almost had a heart attack.

I would like to repair the vehicle, but cannot afford $7500. What are my options. Where can I buy a good used engine, how much will it cost, how much will it cost to install the engine

Thank you, Please advise

ilovejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

$7500??? That's insane! You can get a used 3.7 for around 2 grand or less. I typed it into google and almost every site on first page had it under 2 grand. Hell you can even get a 5.7L engine for half that.
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
modernblueWK

Tow it out of there and take it to a shop that you trust. Spend your money with someone who deserves it.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.