New Engine - 2006 Jeep GCL 3.7L - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New Engine - 2006 Jeep GCL 3.7L

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
ilovejeep
2006 XJ Cherokee 

New Engine - 2006 Jeep GCL 3.7L

Hi Friends

I have a well-cared 2006 JEEP Grand Cherokee Laredo, 3.7L with around 69,500 miles on it. I did the previous oil change and service at the dealer just a month ago.

Last week while driving I got the message 'CHECK GUAGES' followed by 'TRANSMISSION OVER TEMP' soon the jeep stopped. I tried to start but It was not starting. I never received any message saying that the coolant system was low anytime before this incident.

I towed it to the nearby Jeep dealer they did some diagnostics and I was told that the water pump is leaking coolant and there is no compression in cylinder #1. They recommend replacement of water pump and left cylinder head.

The estimate to replace the left cylinder head and water pump including diagnosis is $3,150.00. I was told that there may be other repairs needed, will need to remove left cylinder head to know if there is any other damage/required parts.

Today I received a call again from the dealer saying that I need to replace buy a new ENGINE which would cost me $7500. I almost had a heart attack.

I would like to repair the vehicle, but cannot afford $7500. What are my options. Where can I buy a good used engine, how much will it cost, how much will it cost to install the engine

Thank you, Please advise

ilovejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

$7500??? That's insane! You can get a used 3.7 for around 2 grand or less. I typed it into google and almost every site on first page had it under 2 grand. Hell you can even get a 5.7L engine for half that.
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
modernblueWK

Tow it out of there and take it to a shop that you trust. Spend your money with someone who deserves it.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.