* * * * New CRD Owner from Oregon * * * * - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > * * * * New CRD Owner from Oregon * * * *

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutBlack Friday Deals !JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!

Unread 07-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #31
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

I feel bad I can't send everyone to my custom shop I only paid $250 installed for the exhaust. That's 3" with a custom tip of your choice. Removal of the old and everything.

DesertDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #32
fordt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDiesel View Post

Now on a side note... Is it relatively easy to do an oil change on my own VS taking my Jeep to the dealer? Cheaper? Pros, cons?
Not a big deal...I took my plastic belly pans off even though MB left us a hole with a "splash diverter" for the oil stream to hit, I just figured some would get by it and then drip sometime later! The engine bay part was pretty straightforward after removing the turbo inlet pipe, search or look at the stickys here for some pix. Hardest thing may be finding a good price on 229.51 oil, and since the darn thing needs 10 quarts-having something big enough to drain in!!! I DID follow the fill recommendations here for 5 or so quarts in the oil filter canister (so SLOW to fill) and carefully putting the rest in the oil filler neck without spilling on the alternator! Then the 15-30 minute wait till startup....good to go!
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #33
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
I feel bad I can't send everyone to my custom shop I only paid $250 installed for the exhaust. That's 3" with a custom tip of your choice. Removal of the old and everything.
wow, I'm close to the US border, almost worth a trip to Oregon. Can you post or PM the name of your shop? Is the pipe stainless?
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #34
fordt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Hopefully them custom boys can/will fab you up a DPF "test pipe", but then you'll be out another $100 to GDE for the delete program, heh heh.....but oil price savings will pay for that! And if they do it, get 'em to make 9-10 of them, they'll be sold before you can post it here!!! But don't forget where ya got the idea!!
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #35
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieque View Post
wow, I'm close to the US border, almost worth a trip to Oregon. Can you post or PM the name of your shop? Is the pipe stainless?
And you don't pay sales tax in Oregon the shop is located in Central Oregon. City is Bend, Oregon. The shop is called "Custom exhaust Specialties" the owner is Shane. He does amazing work. He's done the exhaust on every vehicle I've owned and he has great customer service. I have the complete write up of everything he did on my Jeep. I'll take a pic of it and post it on here for you when I get a chance.
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #36
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordt View Post
Hopefully them custom boys can/will fab you up a DPF "test pipe", but then you'll be out another $100 to GDE for the delete program, heh heh.....but oil price savings will pay for that! And if they do it, get 'em to make 9-10 of them, they'll be sold before you can post it here!!! But don't forget where ya got the idea!!
Funny you mention that. Spoke to him about that when I got my exhaust and he said he has done it in the past for other diesels and can do it for mine no problem. Now idk about $$$$ but I'm sure he'll get me a good deal. Anything to help everyone on here out I'll gladly contribute just send everyone my way and get my name out there.
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #37
sickchilly
2010 WK 

Any excuse for a trip to Bend! Hot tip: Drop your rig off for work, then hitch a ride to the Deschuttes Brewery to kill the time.
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #38
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

Hey glad to see someone that knows the Bend Area!
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #39
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
And you don't pay sales tax in Oregon the shop is located in Central Oregon. City is Bend, Oregon. The shop is called "Custom exhaust Specialties" the owner is Shane. He does amazing work. He's done the exhaust on every vehicle I've owned and he has great customer service. I have the complete write up of everything he did on my Jeep. I'll take a pic of it and post it on here for you when I get a chance.
Darn ,that's about a 10 hour drive one way for me. I was hoping it would be closer to Spokane.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #40
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

Bend from Canada would be quite the drive. But if it saves you $250; even paying for gas would save you $$$

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.