* * * * New CRD Owner from Oregon * * * * - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > * * * * New CRD Owner from Oregon * * * *

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #16
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

Here it is. let me know what you guys think. I have the complete write up of everything to custom shop put into all the work. I can let everyone know all the parts and what they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irXtA...ature=youtu.be

DesertDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #17
sshaughn
2008 WK 

Looks and sounds great, another forum member Tnadanzig is working on additional mods (intake, new turbo, etc)
for our model. If you don't have a tune yet go with Green Diesel Engineering. It will complement the I take and exhaust nicely. Great job so far, I got a 2008 Overland over a year ago and love it!
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #18
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

I was looking into that Green diesel tune, I think that'll be my next and probably final Mod. Just need to justify the $700 :/
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #19
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

What's your 0-60 looking like after that tune? significantly faster?
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #20
sshaughn
2008 WK 

http://www.greendieselengineering.co...pGrandCherokee

About 1 second (7.4) faster with the eco tune and 1.5 (7.0) second faster with the Hot-tune
HP is 240-255 and TQ is 440-455 according to GDE data. Hot tune is much more agressive and mpg's actually increase 1-3 vs 2-4 with the Eco-tune.
Unread 07-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #21
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

Interesting. Before the intake I clocked my best 0-60 at around 7.8
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #22
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

turbo is abit louder but the exhaust sounds the same as mine which to me isnt loud enough lol
i wish i could hear my turbo more but like i said before, he kept the stock tubing which is just a bad idea in my book
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #23
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

The tubing coming off of the turbo to the MAF sensor isn't really restricting air flow. the air box is. But i'm sure some if not most of the people on here will argue that you don't need more air going in and that it is a complete waste of time and money. The video really doesn't do justice to how loud the intake is. it's LOUD
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #24
fordt
2008 WK 

Congrats on the new CRD! It still turns heads in parking lots when I start it ("is that a diesel?") I've had mine about two months now and have already GDE Eco tuned it, and put an MBRP exhaust on it, and the DPF won't be far behind-especially after paying 7.75/quart for Mobil 1 ESP M this last weekend! And I'm REALLY considering a rear end 3.07 swap out-just need some more real time towing stories from folks with it. You're in the right place here, and reading about swirl motor and EGR problems as well as the mpg gains should make that GDE tune expenditure more palatable...

Did they just straight pipe your turbo resonator? I don't have the kidney bean either, just the round canister-ain't opened it up yet...
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #25
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

Thanks for the response Fordt. Yeah lucky for us we just have the canister. Much easier to remove the resonator. It's really easy and helps open up the turbo a bit. When you open it up. The resonator will slide right out. As if the factory knew you'd be removing it. Nothing is holding it into place at all, they just slipped it into the canister.
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #26
fordt
2008 WK 

Cool, so you just gut it! After doing an oil and fuel filter change this weekend, I noticed the resonator there, seems like it'd be easy to do, especially from underneath with the plastic belly cover removed...
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #27
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

Yes sir. That is exactly how I did it. Removed that plastic plate. Grabbed a screw driver, put a hex head on it. Unscrewed the 4 screws that hold the two plates together. Then it slid right out. Screwed them back together. Good to go

Now on a side note... Is it relatively easy to do an oil change on my own VS taking my Jeep to the dealer? Cheaper? Pros, cons?
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #28
suzieque
2008 WK 

my local exhaust shop didn't have a mandrel bender so they said the MBRP exhaust is the best choice, versus a build like yours. I wish I had a shop that could build it on the spot too.

funny you mention the noise of your aftermarket CAI, I did a test once where I removed the lower half of the stock airbox and secured the standard air filter to the top half of the stock airbox. This setup was significantly more noisey than the complete stock airbox, I didn't notice any seat-of-the-pants increase in performance.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #29
DesertDiesel
2008 WK 

I haven't noticed much performance gain. Surprisingly already noticed MPG gain though. Been getting 22.5 city. Best I have gotten is 28 highway on a long trip. But that was just before the intake was put in. I'm thinking that putting the sock on the cone will help with filtration significantly. Will get those people saying that K&N filters are horrible for my Jeep off my back and give me better piece of mind
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #30
suzieque
2008 WK 

do you mind telling us how much your exhaust system cost? the 3" stainless MBRP system including removal of the old system and install of the new system is probably around $500.

by the way, my plan is to install my new Snow Performance water/meth pump and controller under the stock airbox because it will be well hidden.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.