New Build. Need Help. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > New Build. Need Help.

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #1
ThaPlayMaka11

New Build. Need Help.

Okay so I can't really find anything concerning this and I'm new to the WK's. I am about to purchase a WK Overland with the 5.7 HEMI and i want to put a lift on it to give it a nice stance and some off road capabilities. The most budget friendly "lift" I've seen are 2in spacers from rough country. I've also seen a lot of people talk about a 2in OME(Old Man Emu I'm assuming) HD Kit but on one of the threads I saw where a guys Jeep had a 2in Trailmaster lift and 2in spacers on top of that. To me it appeared as if the trail master lift was just shocks and spacers so my question is as follows: Can you put spacers on top of spacers, what are some more budget friendly lifts, and what tire sizes are you running with your set up(the 2in RC Spacers use 265/70/R17 and that apparently translates to about a 32/10.5/R17)?

Please post pics and thanks in advance for your help!

ThaPlayMaka11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Do NOT stack spacers on top of each other, don't exceed 4" of lift unless you are running the SL kit as it will destroy your front end. Most people would recommend the OME lift as it is a full suspension lift and will give you the best ride. A spacer lift will give a more rough ride. With a 2" lift most people run a 265/70/17 or 255/75/17 tire.
Unread 04-18-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
Pyroman_28
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
Do NOT stack spacers on top of each other, don't exceed 4" of lift unless you are running the SL kit as it will destroy your front end. Most people would recommend the OME lift as it is a full suspension lift and will give you the best ride. A spacer lift will give a more rough ride. With a 2" lift most people run a 265/70/17 or 255/75/17 tire.
This

I ran the RC lift with Bilstien 4600's for a couple years with 265/70-17 but the ride was awfully rough (the RC lift will preload the springs to make a stiffer ride). So, I swapped out the RC spacer lift for the OME springs and I couldn't be happier. Now that I have the OME, eventually I'll be doing the pinch weld mod and switching to 285's. No matter which route you end up going though, I'd highly recommend you talk to Kolak (kolak@aol.com) - He'll hook you up
Unread 04-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #4
ThaPlayMaka11

Thanks for the help. Can you possibly give me a link to the OME lift?
ThaPlayMaka11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2014, 12:21 AM   #5
Ariont
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaPlayMaka11 View Post
Thanks for the help. Can you possibly give me a link to the OME lift?
You didn't specify what year but here's the site. You can change the year if necessary

http://www.rocky-road.com/old-man-emu-wk.html
Proud Member of the Black WK Club - MEMBER #128
Ariont is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #6
Pyroman_28
2006 WK 

Best bet would be just to contact Kolak on here or email him at kolak@aol.com. Good guy and he'll get you a good deal on the OME setup.
Unread 04-30-2014, 07:26 PM   #7
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

Although I don't doubt you can get a good price from above, Chris from crawl-Offroad is who supplied us with my OME lift. LOVE IT! We got 4600 series Bilsteins for the front and 5100 for the back at a really awesome price. His username is ca07wk.

The ride is great, not rough at all.
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
jeep wk , lift advice , need help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.