Need your opinions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Need your opinions

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
DarthJeep
2005 WK 

Need your opinions

So as of now, my Wk remains stock. This will change in the spring when I receive the money that the Federal Government owes me aka tax returns. Right now my Wk has 75k miles on it. So the question is: should I get ether the OME lift and replace the shocks etc, or get a BB? I'm looking for that 2-3 in. lift range. Just wondering how long the stock shocks last? Thanks

Unread 02-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
toycam

Id go with ome. I have a daystar bb and im pleased with it, but id probably be more pleased with the ome as far as everyday driving and road comfort goes.
Unread 02-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
bhawks28
2009 WK 

I'd also suggest OME. I installed mine about 3-4 weeks ago and I love it. It rides nice and adds a much needed 3" of lift. My stock shocks were on their way out at 50k.
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
DarthJeep
2005 WK 

I was leaning towards the OME myself. I've noticed since the end of the summer that my shocks were lacking seriously from what they used to be. I figured I'd save a few bucks and buy the lift and springs together as the OME package offers. What kind of tires do you run on bhawks28?
Unread 02-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Do your self a favor and get the ome.. I didn't and i bought a bb... Not even a year later I need struts and if you think about it your just putting a puck on top of your existing suspension no ride upgrade and not really much off road upgrade... Im finally upgrading to the ome hd and I couldn't of been happier... Save up the extra cash and get the ome

My plan is the Monroe load levelers in the back to prevent the sag.. I already run them on my rc lift and from what I hear they're an upgrade from ome anyway
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
DarthJeep
2005 WK 

So appears the OME might win out. The thing is I'm going to buy new tires at the same time. Or at least install them at the same time.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.