Need your input, speakers in back not working. Frustrated with ****ty dealership. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Need your input, speakers in back not working. Frustrated with ****ty dealership.

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 09-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
Ghandicap

Need your input, speakers in back not working. Frustrated with ****ty dealership.

Hey everyone! I'm new 'round these parts and I need your help...

A bit of background... I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee 5.7L Limited with the entertainement system in the back. I have the 6-CD changer head unit without the NAV.

A few weeks ago my speakers in the back started cutting out and after a few days they stopped working completely. The only ones that now work are the two in the dashboard. No matter if I'm listening to radio, CDs or DVD system.

I took it into the Chrysler dealearhip to have it checked out. They determined that one of the back speakers was blown and that the coil was heating up causing the radio to shut down. I found this a bit odd, but they said it "happens all the time".

They didnt have speakers in stock to test so I had to bring in back in a second time the next week. They replaced the speakers and it still didn't work, NOW they tell me that they (from second invoice) "Tested radio output, it's good. Tested output wires to speakers, they're good. Tested amplifier and no output. Needs new amplifier". Why the **** was this not done the first time around?!? Anyways...

Of course they didnt have an amp on hand and that the amp for my Jeep is discontinued (verified online, this seems to be true) but they have found one at a wrecker for me.

Now they want me to come in a THIRD time, I'm hundreds of dollars in and no results.

I feel like either they are either fleecing me for cash or that they are completely unqualified to service the vehicles they sell.

Does any of this makes sense to you guys? Has anybody ever experienced this problem? How can I verify by myself?

I'm gonna loose my **** if I find out its really just a fuse or a wire harness or something like that.

Ghandicap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
RUGLAYR

If they changed the speakers then that only leaves the amp or the deck itself. It wouldn't be a fuse cause that would cause all the speakers to stop working. There's really no simple way to test there theory without tearing alot apart to get to the wiring. Depending on how comfortable you are with working on your own vehicle I would just purchase the amp from a junk yard and do it yourself you'll save alot of money and it's probably a bad channel on the amp
RUGLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Ghandicap

Thanks!

I'm pretty comfortable with getting access to the amp myself. It's just a matter of removing the rear quarter panel trim in the cargo area.

I'm going to go to a "pull-it-yourself" wrecking yard tonight. If they have a Jeep like mine (or a Chrysler 3000) I can pull the amp and buy it for only $12!!
Ghandicap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
JRLT
2010 WK 

Did you grab a battery and test the speakers?
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
JeepCK
2009 WK 

OP... did you ever resolve this issue? I am having a similar problem and I would like to know what happened and how it was resolved.

Thanks!
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights - White Rock Lights| Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit --
JeepCK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
amplifier , audio components , grand cherokee , radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.