Need specific part name and help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Need specific part name and help

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Megs_Revenge
SUV Enthusiast

2005 WK 

Need specific part name and help

So just had my WK looked at today regarding a 'service 4wd' notice. The dealer says it's a 4wd sensor located in my rear diff thats going bad. Being at work, I couldn't have him go into details. They want about $400 to fix it. Sucky part is, it's not covered under my powertrain warranty.

So, what I'm wondering is, what is this sensor called specifically and/or part number? Is it just better to let a mechanic do it? Any one else replace this?

*edit* So I may have found the name: rear electronic limited slip differential pressure solenoid (sensor???)
*edit* Should this be covered under my powertrain warranty?

Silver WK club #69

Oo|||||||oO

Last edited by Megs_Revenge; 07-11-2013 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: update info
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Yes the elsd differential pressure solenoid could cause the service 4wd . There would have been a specific DTC code though . did they tell you what it was? did they erase the code first and see if it came back ? I've read people on here have changed the solenoid themselves . From reading the service manual i suspect the $400 fee is almost all parts because it looks like a 20 min job to change . here is the exact description from the service manual on how to replace .
SOLENOID
With solenoid disconnected resistance across the solenoid should be 13.5 to 14.5 ohms at 25°Celsius (77° Fahrenheit).
To replace the solenoid diconnect wire connector then squeeze the retension clip and pull solenoid up.
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.