Need some suggestions on mods for my new Commander - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Need some suggestions on mods for my new Commander

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
JK007

Need some suggestions on mods for my new Commander

Fellow Jeepers,

I joined the sight a few months ago when we knew we were going to buy a Jeep Commander, we we're just waiting for the right Jeep to come along before we pulled the trigger.

Anyway, we just picked up an 06 XK Limited 4x4 with all the goodies including the 5.7L Hemi (man I love this thing).

So modding is nothing new to me, I drive a lifted f150 right now, the XK is for the wife. As far as HP mods on the f150 goes, I have an EDGE Evolution Programmer, K&N Air Intake and Magnaflow True Duals. I've been very happy with this set up on my truck, and would like your opinions on what you would suggest for:

A programmer, air intake, and new exhaust... The XK we bought already had a set of aftermarket American Racing rims wrapped in a set of Toyo ATs. The previous owner went up a size in tires already and because the wife doesn't want the Jeep lifted anymore, I am all set in the lift department, but would love to hear what you guys would suugest on the other mods.

JK007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
robpp

No on the programmer. Chrysler adaptives will override any gains in about 100 miles.

For intake and exhaust, its the usual suspects. try some searches to see what others have done. I have the 4.7 with K&N and MagnaFlow catback.

Good luck on the new ride.
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
Kolak
Vendor

The Gibson exhaust is the best choice for the HEMI as it is the only 3" diameter catback on the market, the proper diameter for the 5.7. It's really nicely made - heavy gauge steel, excellent welds, and has a resonator to eliminate drone.

The K&N FIPK is also a nice kit. If you want to get crazy, Volant has a true sealed cold air box kit as well but it's quite a lot more money than the K&N.

There are programmers on the market right now as well that won't be negated by the adaptive tendencies of the PCM.

PM me if you'd like more information - I've got excellent pricing on these goodies.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
JK007

robpp and Kolak - Thanks a lot you guys for the suggestions. I'm in the preliminary stages right now so a purchase is still a little ways off, but I wanted to do my homework up front to see what would be our best bet.

Kolak - I'll definately keep you in mind for these items, just from poking around this forum I see you have a great reputation and lots of positive feedback. Hopefully we can do some business in the near future.

I appreciate the feedback!!!
JK007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
jeepgaffer
2006 WK 

Congrats on the Jeep!

I don't know if this will work or not, but there is a company called "DiabloSport" and they make programmers/tuners for the 6.1L Jeep SRT8 WK. They also make programmers for the 5.7L/6.1L Dodge and Chrysler cars and trucks..so they definitely know the engine. Maybe you could contact them and see if they can get something to work for the 5.7L in your XK? Probably not but worth a shot...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.