need help with purchase? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > need help with purchase?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
santos24

need help with purchase?

Now I don't know if this is the right thread to put this in, but I need help. I figured I would come right to the experts.

I have been trying to purchase a 07-08 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but my problem now is I don't know which one to get. My friend told me to look more for the 4.7 V8 instead of going for the 3.7 V6 because the V6 engine isn't how they use to be. According to my friend, he said the 3.7 V6 has alot of problems. He said I would be better off getting a 4.7 V8 model.

My question is what do you guys think I should do?

I have been researching like crazy for the past couple hours about both engines and I don't know what to do. I was so stuck on getting a V6 GC but now I don't know what to do.

Any help and suggestions would be great!

santos24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
corswandtm
2007 WK 

Do you have a heavy foot? Will you expect your new Jeep to get up and move when you ask? Hemi. You will regret not getting it, and the mileage isn't that different.
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
santos24

I don't have a heavy foot. Speed does not matter to me. I just want something reliable. Which is why I don't know what to do. Of course the 4.7 V8 is 100hp more than the V6. And realistically both engines are the same in mileage, but if I get a V6, am I making a bad choice?
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
tom19511
2006 WK 

I have an '06 GC 65th aniversary edition...114,000 miles.. no engine or trans trouble
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
fingaz
2009 WK 

What are you looking to do with your Jeep? I have had my 2009 3.7L for about a year now and I haven't had any problems at all. I am at 55K right now.

About 90% of the time, I have enough power, but sometimes when I mash my foot down, I wish I had a bit more power.

I would also take the 4x4 system into consideration. Do you want to tow or go off road?

Either way, I absolutely love my Jeep, so since you are looking to purchase a Grand Cherokee, you are off to a good start!
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights | Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit In -- To Do: Install Uniden CB, Rock lights
fingaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
santos24

Really not going to use for any of that. My dad has has jeeps for so long, as well as his friends. My first vehicle was a 98 Cherokee and it was great. So I want a Jeep GC because I know they are great vehicles. I just don't know what to as far as what engine type. But going on what you guys are saying, I think the V6 may just be fine.
Unread 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
Jaashua
2005 WK 

It will be fine. Cheaper to maintain. I however wish I had the hemi. Sometimes my 4.7 just feels so slow.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.