Need help installing DVD player in GC. HELP! PLEASE! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Need help installing DVD player in GC. HELP! PLEASE!

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 09-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
jmack549
2006 WK 

Need help installing DVD player in GC. HELP! PLEASE!

I bought a Boss BV9250 and went to install it in my car. I ordered the stock Navi bezel and went to work. A few problems.

1. The player won't power on. Am I missing soemthing? Everything is connected fine. Is there something I need to search for as far as the parking brake wire, or anything else?

2. There is a TON of room around the DVD player with the stock bezel. Is there something to fix this?

3. The brackets on the Boss aren't wide enough to screw in. It's about an inch too narrow. What can I do about this?

Someone please help. I was so excited before now. I KNOW someone has installed on before. Thanks!

jmack549 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #2
oberth1

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OeNnbDq...6510&s=0&cc=01 and http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OeNnbDq...CR10&s=0&cc=01 as far as i know
oberth1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #3
jmack549
2006 WK 

Thanks, but that first link looks like it is to install a single din CD player. I have the double din bezel, but there is just so much room around it. The main this is not being able to get it to turn on. Is there any other way I can test it?
Unread 09-06-2007, 11:24 PM   #4
jmack549
2006 WK 

Looks like I found the piece I need to fill in the empy space. Looks like this is it:

Smaller Bezel

Anyone know where I can find this?
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #5
oberth1

listen the first time... http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OeNnbDq...6510&s=0&cc=01 if you look closely its the adapter to remove the stock navigation and replace it with a double din or a single din radio+storage. Enjoy!
oberth1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads
  • Cd Player? - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (10 replies)
  • cd player - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (9 replies)
  • CD player - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (5 replies)
  • Cd Player - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (4 replies)
  • cd player - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (7 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.