Need help aftermarket pioneer - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Need help aftermarket pioneer

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 08-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #16
kiesha
2006 WK 

Hi, i have installed mine long time ago and everything seems working.

Only one problem that my evic now in German and i can not do anything about that.

That's pac fault as they not support european models.

So if you looking installing into european suv you need look something other that Pac as you will have German in your dash.

Unread 08-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #17
javi4rmla
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiesha View Post
Hi, i have installed mine long time ago and everything seems working.

Only one problem that my evic now in German and i can not do anything about that.

That's pac fault as they not support european models.

So if you looking installing into european suv you need look something other that Pac as you will have German in your dash.
So Do I Need Both PAC C2R-CHY4 AND PAC SWI PS? i want my stock amp and steering wheel controls to work on my aftermarket boss audio in-dash receiver.
javi4rmla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #18
Fasito
2007 WK 

Wow man, this is exactly what have happened to me. Have a 2007 grand cherokee crd (from austria) originally with a RAR OEM head unit (no bluetooth, no auxiliary input ...). have it replaced yestarday for a pioneer avh-p6350bt and pac c2r-chy4 and swi-rc and .... got german in my dash. Changed to any other language and back always to german wich I don't understand of course!!! ?Is there a way to fix it? ?would be any other issues having removed the oem radio and installed this CAN interface? Thanks you a lot.
Fasito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 03:39 AM   #19
Jodek

Another european Boston waiting for a solution. I want install a 2DIN Alpine, but i'm worry with all this harness and modules existing.
Any solution to the german language in your display ?
Jodek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 06:01 AM   #20
Fasito
2007 WK 

Still trying to learn German language ... no workaround yet with PAC interface. Regards.
Unread 07-31-2013, 06:38 AM   #21
Jodek

I contacted, and they recomend the item: RP4-CH11

Somebody test it ?
Jodek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #22
Tuco
2007 WK 

Im using the PAC Rp4-ch11. It allows us to maintain the stock amplifier and also sw controls.

I am having problems with my install using Kenwood radio. Im still troubleshooting and starting to think its the PAC interface. Since others are saying they didnt have any problems with same harness, maybe I just got a bad one.

Im going to try to use RCA preamp outputs instead of speaker outputs. If that doesnt work, I will get Crutchfield to send another harness. If after all that we still have issues, the stock unit will get put back in.

Note, if you retain your stock amp, you will lose FADE control when installing aftermarket stereo. The only way around this is to bypass the stock amp (located in rear of vehicle) and run new wire from the head unit to all of the speakers.
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #23
Fasito
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Im using the PAC Rp4-ch11. It allows us to maintain the stock amplifier and also sw controls.

I am having problems with my install using Kenwood radio. Im still troubleshooting and starting to think its the PAC interface. Since others are saying they didnt have any problems with same harness, maybe I just got a bad one.

Im going to try to use RCA preamp outputs instead of speaker outputs. If that doesnt work, I will get Crutchfield to send another harness. If after all that we still have issues, the stock unit will get put back in.

Note, if you retain your stock amp, you will lose FADE control when installing aftermarket stereo. The only way around this is to bypass the stock amp (located in rear of vehicle) and run new wire from the head unit to all of the speakers.
Hi Tuco, yuo must use the RCA preamp plugs if you want to keep the Boston amplifier and all the stock wiring. Please tell me how it was about the language and de rp4. ?does it goes to german only? Regards

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.