Need help aftermarket pioneer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Need help aftermarket pioneer

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 01-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
kiesha
2006 WK 

Need help aftermarket pioneer

Hi, so i got stock wk 2006 with boston system, so far i get pioneer avic f910bt, nav bezel from dealer was surprized that it cost 49 in uk, got bracket to fit double din!!
So now i am stuck with adapters and interfaces,

is there somebody who did what i am doing, i been told that i need only one adapter pac C2R-CHY4 and will work, after research find out that i still need pac swi-ps.

How hard to connect everything??

Thanks in advance

Unread 01-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
robpp

i can give you the list of parts. i have the f90BT in my 2007 that had BA.

do you have sat radio there?

ill be back with the list right here:

here is a list of items I needed besides the Head Unit:
Main harness adapter: PAC C2R-CHY4
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...R-CHY4v1-.html
Pioneer Sirus Adapter: Pioneer CD-SB10
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...paign=froogle#
a new sirius box: SCC1
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000Q9UFKU/...SIN=B000Q9UFKU
Pioneer Steering Wheel Adapter: PAC SWI PS
http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Pio.../dp/B000AXW7SA
Chrysler Fender Antenna Adapter: Metra 40CR30
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...R9DZ36XBRWFYW6
then a D-DIN Adapter: Metra 99-6510
http://www.amazon.com/Metra-99-6510-.../dp/B000K52D0K
Oh yeah, I wanted a fuully functional IPOD hookup too:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

as far as install I found a guy on craigslist. he did the insatall and the kicker upgrade no sub in about 4 hours.
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
kiesha
2006 WK 

Wow that is great!
Do i need all of them if i got cd player only i think it's reg!!

Thanks
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
robpp

well you need the harness for sure....PAC C2R-CHY4

if you have steering wheel controls then you need PAC SWI PS

then you def need this to connect to your radio antenna Metra 40CR30

the jeep nav is larger than DD, so you must use Metra 99-6510

the ipod is optional of course. same with sat radio components.
so the 4 above are mandatory the rest optional.
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
kiesha
2006 WK 

thank you for your help,
it would be very easy if i would be from USA, but i am from UK so it's hard to find all this stuff here!!!

Yes i do have wheel controls!
I already have Metra 99-6510 purchased here in London today!

thanks for info!!!
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
kiesha
2006 WK 

i just ordered everything from sonix and they great they do ship to uk and do accept paypal!!!
and they do shipping 1-3 days!!!
this is great!!!

Please tell me what about everything fitting??
is it very hard??

regards
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
robpp

i mentioned in my first post I did not do the install. I went to craigslist and found someone who knew how to do it but just runs a small cash business. I did the complete Kicker at the same times, sans sub, and he took about 4 hours. i had all the sat stuff and the Kicker stuff too.

He came prepared as he went to the internet and downloaded instructions for everything. he knew exactly what he had to do before he touched one thing. he had all the wiring drawn on paper before he came to my house. so that made things a lot more manageable. He probably spent 3 hours getting it all connected, then take apart and doing it neatly. its a tight fit for all the apapters behind the unit.

one last thing: avic411.com has a good amount of info too. like how to hack it so you can watch video while the car is in drive. he used a small relay I aam not sure what he actually did with it I only know cause I paid for it.
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
kiesha
2006 WK 

sorry didn't noticed that,

is there someone who did everything on your own??

Thanks for info robpp!
Unread 01-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
kiesha
2006 WK 

Just get email from sonic and they are saying that i still need pac swi-can interface to get everything working!
I paid for this too, but is this right?

Thanks
Unread 01-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #10
robpp

not true if you got this one
PAC C2R-CHY4

then you only need this one
PAC SWI PS

i will find the note for you. Hang on.
Unread 01-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #11
robpp

right here it says this replaces the CAN one
PAC C2R-CHY4 Radio Adapter
Unread 01-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #12
robpp

here it is at crutchfield too

PAC Chrysler Radio Replacement Interface Allows aftermarket radio installation in select 2004-up Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles (model C2R-CHY4) at Crutchfield.com
Unread 01-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #13
kiesha
2006 WK 

Yes you was right!
They are giving me refund now!!
Does swi-ps requires programing after instalation??
Unread 01-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #14
robpp

yes. it does. serach on PAC website for detailed instructions before it arrives. they also have the wiring for the main harness so you can see what that about.
Unread 01-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #15
kiesha
2006 WK 

i found it and looks difficult
Will see when everything will be on table!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.