Need a bit of help with transmission breather hose for a WK CRD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Need a bit of help with transmission breather hose for a WK CRD

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 12-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
suzieque
2008 WK 

Need a bit of help with transmission breather hose for a WK CRD

Was installing a new skid plate and noticed a black breather hose from the back of the transmission to the engine compartment.
The engine compartment end is melted, like it was on the exhaust manifold.

Not sure how it happened, but I suspect the end of the hose should be tied to something in the engine bay, but not sure where.

Can one of you WK CRD owners tell me where the transmission breather hose should attach to and should the hose just be wide open or does it have some sort of cap on the end?

2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
TangoTango
2008 WK 

One end is on the transmission and the other has a plactic breather cap on the end.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTango View Post
One end is on the transmission and the other has a plactic breather cap on the end.
ok, thanks! and the end with the breather cap is not taped or cable tied to anything?
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieque View Post
ok, thanks! and the end with the breather cap is not taped or cable tied to anything?
I believe it should be clipped to the passenger side area near the coolant tank.....I moved mine over the drivers side....or cool side of the engine.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
jpm6621

I see this is an old post but im having problems with my transmission breather vent leaking out fluid. It's always been tucked up near the throttle body, has a white plastic cap on the end. Really don't know why fluid should be coming out of it. It leaked onto the hot engine one day and the fluid caught fire for a minute.
jpm6621 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
suzieque
2008 WK 

I have not seen a fluid leak from my transmission breather hose. I did have a fluid leak on the front differential breather tube, i blamed that on the dealer for not fully filling the front differential and so the fluid was overheating. I drained and fully filled the front differential and all was well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.