Need advice!! WK wont start! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Need advice!! WK wont start!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
jeepin ruby
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Need advice!! WK wont start!

The wife got in her jeep today and it started for a second twice and stalled. Now nothing! Won't even turn over, just a click. Pulled the battery and it tested good. Any ideas?? Gotta get this thing fixed today so I can go wheeling this weekend!!!!

Oh yeah 05 limited 4.7l

My build...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-01-xj-784959/
jeepin ruby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #2
sheepdog918
2007 WK 

Does everything power on with the key in the on position?
sheepdog918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
bcfdt1
2005 WK 

My wife had the same issue while at work. Pulled the battery and it tested fine, but just for the fun of it I pulled the battery out of mine and put it in hers and it started right up. Bought her a new battery and haven't had a problem since.
bcfdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
tom19511
2006 WK 

If its not the battery, it will be the yellow starter wire. Search these forums and you will find a lot of posts on this..As for the stalling please check codes and let us know what comes up.
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #5
jeepin ruby
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Well after getting back from the auto parts store to have the battery checked, put the battery back in and it started right up. Must have cleared what ever code it had. Beats the hell out ta me. Been using it all day and its running fine. Could it be something with the crank positioning sensor? I'll check that wire on the starter, but it seems odd that it started then stalled. I guess I'll just have to keep driving it and see what happens.

My build...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784959
jeepin ruby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.