Navigation System Screen Black - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Navigation System Screen Black

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
MyJeep2005
2005 WK 

Navigation System Screen Black

Just recently since it has gotta cold outside and snow. my Jeep's navigation screen basically flipped out and turned off. i am able to hear the radio and change the station but cant change to a cd or sirius sat. The screen is on sometimes and off sometimes. is there a way to reset the radio or make sure everything is plugged in right maybe a loose fuse? Thanks a lot in advance. It sucks cause Im going on a trip this weekend and its not working!!

MyJeep2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
mayor_bloom
2005 WK 

you could try disconnecting the battery for about 15 min, this will cut all power to the unit. when you reconnect the battery it will force the unit to boot from scratch. But check with a dealer first I don't want to have you fry youe system.
mayor_bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
DarrylFlynn
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayor_bloom View Post
you could try disconnecting the battery for about 15 min, this will cut all power to the unit. when you reconnect the battery it will force the unit to boot from scratch. But check with a dealer first I don't want to have you fry youe system.
If you do the above will you need to enter a security code to re enable the unit?

If so, do you know it?

Regards Darryl
DarrylFlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2010, 03:22 AM   #4
kreso
2010 WK 

No. No code required. Radio is connected to the jeep system. That mean VIN# is the code. In another words, radio will not work in another jeep without dealer intervention, it is part of the jeep where it was/is initially installed.
kreso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #5
MyJeep2005
2005 WK 

I have no idea what the code is. Is there someplace it would be? Do u guys think my navigation is screwed?
MyJeep2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
kreso
2010 WK 

There is NO CODE. Radio is integral part of the Jeep electronic system
kreso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 01:29 AM   #7
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

I say violence usually works for screwed up electronics around here. Just give it a good kick. and if that doesn't work call the dealer.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 03:12 AM   #8
merlinTec

Hi
There will be a code and should have been put in your handbook at PDI. You shouldn't need it unless the unit is put into another vehicle as said above it is plugged into the jeep so vin is set in the unit so knows it's still in the original vehicle so should power up ok. However I have had some cases where I have needed to enter the code.
I would pull the IOD fuse in the PDC under the hood ((black plug you just pull up (looks the same as the yellow one but yellow is for air bag)) and wait 15 minutes then plug it back in.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 07-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
johng27
2007 WK 

Thanks mayor_bloom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayor_bloom View Post
I just used your tip here to fix my blank screen. Thank You!
johng27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
JMorash
2005 WK 

did it fix the blank screen?
HEMI Club Member #28

3.5 Rock crawler lift.265/65R17 Toyo AT SuperChips Flashpaq MDS delete
JMorash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:52 AM   #11
johng27
2007 WK 

Yes - worked for me!
johng27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #12
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec View Post
Hi
There will be a code and should have been put in your handbook at PDI.
Regards,
Merlin
PDI?

I have all the manuals that came with the WK and none have a 'code' anywhere.
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Fuelly.com - wookiee | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | flashpaq 3872 for those no 4-low days |
wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #13
mwalters2
2005 WK 

I know this is an old thread, but I have the same problem, after changing my ignition switch. I thought I may have knocked something loose. I'll try disconnecting the battery to see if that fixes it.
Unread 11-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #14
mwalters2
2005 WK 

Well, I tried disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes, but it didn't work for me. Screen is still black. Any ideas??
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #15
mwalters2
2005 WK 

I really need help with this one! I checked the wires near the ignition switch, and tried wiggling them, but to no avail. My NAV screen will come on most of the time when to first turn the key on, bu then it goes blank. Consequently, you can't see any of the radio settings (although it still plays), or any other functions controlled through the display. This happened immediately after the ignition switch replacement, so I ca't help but thinks it has something do do with that. Any ideas out there??

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.