Navigation System Error Message - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Navigation System Error Message

This is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 03-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
jc_jax

Navigation System Error Message

Hi folks,

I have another question. I have an 05 Grand Cherokee.

I had the AC version of the navigation disc. My navigation system periodically would give me an "Error reading disc" message. The only way to clear it was to eject the disc and reinsert it. It appeared to be getting more common with time, to where I would get the error several times a day. I bought an AD version of the disc off of e-bay and received the same message after a day or so of use. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution other than replace the whole thing?

Thanks for the info.

best,
jcj

jc_jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #2
AQGoodman

I have this same problem. Mine has progressed to the point where it does not work at all. Has anyone found a solution to this problem. I have found other websites where people are having similar problems and have ordered the new version of the disc - apparently that doesnt always fix the problem.

Also, in addition to the fact that the disc error is coming up, the disc is also extremely warm when i remove it from the nav system? not sure if this is part of the problem or not.
AQGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
g8trjasonb

I've also got the '05 Grand Cherokee and have the same problem. Like the OP, my problem progressed over time with me having to eject the disk and put it back in. Now it no longer works and I can't find a fix anywhere! Its almost pointless to have a pro look at it seeing how you can get a stand-along GPS for $150 or less.
g8trjasonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Verdade

I was having the exact same problem. After searching for a few days I came across the thread listed below.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=91694

It worked like a champ for me! No problems what-so-ever. This is even after my original disc wouldn't work at all.

I hope it helps you guys as well.

-
Verdade is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.