Navigation Screen Blank JGC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Navigation Screen Blank JGC

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
tjregan
2005 WK 

Navigation Screen Blank JGC

My navigation screen went blank yesterday. I started the vehicle no screen, could not change between AM/FM/CD/SAT. Volume and preset buttons work, as well as UConnect hands-free phone. Tried disconnecting the positive terminal of battery for 15 minutes to reboot the system, a no go. Replaced the 30 Amp fuse, nothing. Now after disconnecting the battery my main red airbag light is also on. The dealer wants $129.99 just for a diagnostic that they will not waive if work needs to be done. Do not want to dump money into having to replace the Nav unit. Any suggestions?

tjregan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
tjregan
2005 WK 

Jeep sat outside in 20 degree weather today for 7 hours. Nav screen and radio worked fine for about ten minutes, as soon as the car got warm the screen went blank again, what gives?
Unread 02-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
tjregan
2005 WK 

Decided to get a refurbished REC from the dealer. The board on the Nav with the heat sink was bad. This is why it worked when extremely cold and once the unit had been on for ten minutes or so the screen shut off. Came with a year warranty, better than I could get on unit on Ebay, cheaper as well.
Unread 02-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjregan
Decided to get a refurbished REC from the dealer. The board on the Nav with the heat sink was bad. This is why it worked when extremely cold and once the unit had been on for ten minutes or so the screen shut off. Came with a year warranty, better than I could get on unit on Ebay, cheaper as well.
Would you mind sharing the price?
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
daxlw
2005 WK 

My REC screen has gone out as well.

Im told it could be the ribbon from the unit to the screen. Im tired of messing with it and am replacing the unit with a more uptodate unit. radio2.jpg
daxlw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
air bag light , grand cherokee , navigation system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.