Nav system needs to be replaced - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Nav system needs to be replaced

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
Crazypilotgal
2008 XK Commander 

Nav system needs to be replaced

I took my 08 Commander to the dealer today b/c the Nav system quit working 3 weeks ago. They finally got the cd in from the manufacturer and tried installing it today. Nothing so they're ording a new radio component.

Crazypilotgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
verdugan
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazypilotgal View Post
I took my 08 Commander to the dealer today b/c the Nav system quit working 3 weeks ago. They finally got the cd in from the manufacturer and tried installing it today. Nothing so they're ording a new radio component.
Mine needed to be replaced as well. The radio arrived a few days ago, but the CD finally arrived today. I'm getting the new radio put in tomorrow.

I'm curious, what were the symptoms you experienced? Mine were:

- Navigation stuck on "Navigation is being activated"
- Couldn't access any songs on the hard drive
- Siruis Traffic not working
- Voice Reconigtion not working (Uconnect was working fine)

Last edited by verdugan; 02-21-2008 at 10:34 PM..
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
Crazypilotgal
2008 XK Commander 

These were the same symptoms I had. My Nav. only worked for 2 weeks after I bought this Commander then died.
Unread 02-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
verdugan
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
These were the same symptoms I had. My Nav. only worked for 2 weeks after I bought this Commander then died.
I guess it's kind of comforting to know I'm not the only out there with the problem. My WK was built on 9/2007, and it worked fine until mid Jan.

When was yours built? Hope your dealership receives your radio soon.
Unread 02-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #5
Crazypilotgal
2008 XK Commander 

August 07. Guess it was a VERY new 08! What a pain. I got rid of my Kia Sedona van and got my 06 Commander because my van ended up being a lemon. Now I bought this 08 when my 06 lease ended and it's a PITB too. In addition to this I have to have 3 doors realligned, and one stationary window on the rear passenger's side replaced because the weather stripping is on wrong. Urg!
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:06 PM   #6
verdugan
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
August 07. Guess it was a VERY new 08! What a pain. I got rid of my Kia Sedona van and got my 06 Commander because my van ended up being a lemon. Now I bought this 08 when my 06 lease ended and it's a PITB too. In addition to this I have to have 3 doors realligned, and one stationary window on the rear passenger's side replaced because the weather stripping is on wrong. Urg!
OUCH. I've had more luck. Knock on wood. I picked up my Jeep today. Everything is working just fine. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

Best of luck.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.