N23 Surrender - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Surrender

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Body Mounted Tire CarrierBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 01-23-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
Robsjeep06
2006 XK Commander 

N23 Surrender

So the 7/2914 flash worked on my 2006 Commander. I took the latest service bulletin with me and spoke with the MECHANIC that was going to do the reflash and explained that it needed to be done exactly as stated. Battery up to speck no short cuts hook up the charger. He did and it worked. though I have never tried to find neutral on the transfer case only low range ad high. r
If you want it to be dependable, convert to manual shift transfer case. Cracks in circuit boards are a pain to find they come and go. I urg all who need this to keep their battery up to snuff and the charging system will not do this. Any time battery is low could cause this problem More on this later

Robsjeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #2
Defender2000
2007 XK Commander 

What do you mean "more on this later"? The N23 flash seems to work for everybody when they get it done...initially.

Wait a few months and a few thousand miles and try shifting into 4low. That's when the dreaded EVIC message pops up. Granted, you might be one of the lucky few that won't have a problem with the flash. Many people still do.

I think it's a bunch of bull that they're using a software fix for a mechanical failure.

By the way, I have not had the flash done and have no plan to. My info comes from the numerous pages of discussion on this very topic.
Defender2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 08:00 AM   #3
Robsjeep06
2006 XK Commander 

The original flash narrowed the voltage band for the signal that said the transfer case was in the proper position. To narrow. Some, most from what I read, actuators sent to low or to high a signal causing the fault code. The latest flash opened the band some more and it works for most. It depends on the extent of the crack, corrosion, or out of spec component of the actuator whether it will work dependably. This could change at any time. Mine has worked for 4 months now and about 3000 miles. I drive through deep water so I am keeping my fingers crossed this does not mess up any connections affecting the signal.
Getting into the software and electronics involved here is something Jeep is never going to let us do.
Unread Yesterday, 08:08 AM   #4
Robsjeep06
2006 XK Commander 

Anybody ever have the original problem they were trying to fix? Transfer case popping into neutral? Safety police, got to love em. The cure was worse than the disease this time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.