Is this N23 related. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Is this N23 related.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 06-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
DFM
2005 WK 

Is this N23 related.

Read through the n23 threads and can't be sure if this is related.
Can anyone chime in.
N23 was done in January.. I have issues, but very VERY sporadic.
85 percent of the time...no problems. Runs fine. Shifts to 4 lo. And no error messages.
The other time is like this.
At complete random, my service 4wd light comes on, along with the service electronic brake light.
It happens more often on the highway than any other time. But can come on at any time.
8/10 times, after I turn the car off.. Let it sit off for five minutes , turn it back on (error messages still on ). But once I put her in drive ... And roll about 20 ft...those messages turn off.......til my next highway trip ...

So basically it goes to the dealer. And they can never " replicate the problem"

Could this be recall related?
If not... Any other ideas out there

DFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
CavallinoRed
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFM View Post
Read through the n23 threads and can't be sure if this is related.
Can anyone chime in.
N23 was done in January.. I have issues, but very VERY sporadic.
85 percent of the time...no problems. Runs fine. Shifts to 4 lo. And no error messages.
The other time is like this.
At complete random, my service 4wd light comes on, along with the service electronic brake light.
It happens more often on the highway than any other time. But can come on at any time.
8/10 times, after I turn the car off.. Let it sit off for five minutes , turn it back on (error messages still on ). But once I put her in drive ... And roll about 20 ft...those messages turn off.......til my next highway trip ...

So basically it goes to the dealer. And they can never " replicate the problem"

Could this be recall related?
If not... Any other ideas out there
Not a classic N23 problem. N23 issues normally will show as a "Service 4WD System" error when you try and engage 4Low/Neutral but will clear on restart. After the first error 4Low/Neutral can no longer be engaged.

So..there are no error codes that the dealer can see? Sound like a faulty sensor somewhere but should leave an error code in memory.
CavallinoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

After reading and following the N23 problem on the US forum as well as ours, the N23 has caused all sorts of weird arse electrical hitches.
Mine has shown that I need to replace the front diff sensor, which I am getting done next week. Who knows what next...............

Cheers, Craig
Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee30D View Post
After reading and following the N23 problem on the US forum as well as ours, the N23 has caused all sorts of weird arse electrical hitches.
Mine has shown that I need to replace the front diff sensor, which I am getting done next week. Who knows what next...............

Cheers, Craig
Woops, this is the US forum. Have both browsers open...........
Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
DFM
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavallinoRed View Post

So..there are no error codes that the dealer can see? Sound like a faulty sensor somewhere but should leave an error code in memory.
Each time I've been at the dealer, I've had to leave them my keys, So by the time they turn the car on and roll her in the bay, the error messages are off.. They tell me they " put some miles on it". Which may be bogus, but the lights come on so sporadically , that the haven't seen the error messages first hand.
Unread 06-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #6
modernblueWK

Sounds like a wheel speed sensor. Check all the connections and wires for a break.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #7
DFM
2005 WK 

excellent suggestions guys?
do you know if a place like autozone/ advance will be able to read those types of codes if i can get them while the light is on?
or is that only for "Check engine" lights
Unread 06-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #8
modernblueWK

The scanner at napa showed nothing. I had to take mine to a mechanic with a more expensive reader.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.