N23 recall & transfer case issues-Check In-Log complaint, links inside! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 recall & transfer case issues-Check In-Log complaint, links inside!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 07-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #46
mbaier91
2005 WK 

Sure wish I would've left my jeep without the recall, maybe it would've slipped into neutral and caused a real accident then I could've gutted them for their negligence

mbaier91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #47
mcdader
2008 XK Commander 

So there was a new software update released a couple weeks ago. Mine is in shop now, hoping this fixes it.
mcdader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #48
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdader View Post
So there was a new software update released a couple weeks ago. Mine is in shop now, hoping this fixes it.
It won't. Check the other N23 recall page. Most that have commented didn't even make it home before it failed again.

N23 Recall Victim
IIMacGyverII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 10:10 PM   #49
mooninite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMacGyverII View Post
It won't. Check the other N23 recall page. Most that have commented didn't even make it home before it failed again.
I had the 07-10-14 N23 Recall "Bug Fix" update done and so far so good. I've been testing it every day now for a week. 4-LO works fine.

Maybe the issue will come back... or maybe some dealerships are just reflashing with the old code since they might not be aware of the newest software update and don't pay attention to the customers anyway.

Unread 07-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #50
Craigyfm
2006 WK 

Hi everyone, I'm in Scotland, Glasgow!. I've been reading the threads and cringing regarding this N23 bull****!!!, I had the software updated on my 06 overland in August and spent the rest of the year going backwards and forwards to the arse-holership!!, after a plethora of excuses and tantrums, they admitted responsibility. VOSA has been informed about the **** up in the uk and the dealers are recalling the recalls!!!, I went to a Breakers, found an Un flashed FDCM and installed it myself( easy, lift back seat, 2 bolts, unplug and reinstall new, bin flashed module), be sure to disconnect neg terminal on battery. I then had a new actuator installed by jeep and was given £100 gift voucher. This nearly put me off my Jeep for life. Honestly, but an old module and return to standard code...... Just use the handbrake!!!!! Don't let these "****S" beat you.
Craigyfm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #51
Clach
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigyfm View Post
Hi everyone, I'm in Scotland, Glasgow!. I've been reading the threads and cringing regarding this N23 bull****!!!, I had the software updated on my 06 overland in August and spent the rest of the year going backwards and forwards to the arse-holership!!, after a plethora of excuses and tantrums, they admitted responsibility. VOSA has been informed about the **** up in the uk and the dealers are recalling the recalls!!!, I went to a Breakers, found an Un flashed FDCM and installed it myself( easy, lift back seat, 2 bolts, unplug and reinstall new, bin flashed module), be sure to disconnect neg terminal on battery. I then had a new actuator installed by jeep and was given £100 gift voucher. This nearly put me off my Jeep for life. Honestly, but an old module and return to standard code...... Just use the handbrake!!!!! Don't let these "****S" beat you.
What year did you buy your Jeep and is it still under warranty?
Clach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2014, 05:00 AM   #52
Craigyfm
2006 WK 

I've had numerous jeeps, this one is 2006. CRD, I've owned them for over 9 years, no warranty, I use the internet to diagnose and you tube to carry out process of elimination. It's cheaper and more enjoyable than the dealers..... Do you have an issue?
Unread 07-25-2014, 05:33 AM   #53
Clach
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigyfm View Post
I've had numerous jeeps, this one is 2006. CRD, I've owned them for over 9 years, no warranty, I use the internet to diagnose and you tube to carry out process of elimination. It's cheaper and more enjoyable than the dealers..... Do you have an issue?
Yes..N23 related. Just find it interesting that Jeep are refusing to pay for my actuator...lol lets see how this new update goes. I have a used FDCM so I am not too worried. Cheers
Unread 07-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #54
Craigyfm
2006 WK 

Best to put the old FFCM in with your new actuator. Please trust me I'm an absolute ninja with the problems your facing!!!!, I've been dealing with it for nearly a year. Don't waste another actuator and throw codes up on the CPU. Jeep should have payed for the remedy of their **** up!!!!!
Unread 07-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #55
WazzuCMGrad
2009 WK 

YMMV (Your Mileage may Vary):

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:15 PM
To: 'WazzuCMGrad'
Subject: RE: Chrysler Group LLC Customer Assistance (KMMXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Hello WazzuCMGrad, I am very sorry. There has been some confusion on whether the new
software is actually fixing the 4wd issue. We have done two so far, so far,
the first did not, the second one, yesterday, appears to be working.
I can
schedule you in for next week if you would like but I will need you vehicle
for a minimum of 4 hrs. I am looking at Weds-Friday next week, you choose.

So, watch out!
WazzuCMGrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2014, 04:27 PM   #56
Clach
2006 WK 

Not sure if this has been raised (and excuse my ignorance) but we need to keep similar N23 related complaints together! Jeep are watching #publicimage
Unread 07-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #57
06cdrmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuCMGrad View Post
YMMV (Your Mileage may Vary):

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:15 PM
To: 'WazzuCMGrad'
Subject: RE: Chrysler Group LLC Customer Assistance (KMMXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Hello WazzuCMGrad, I am very sorry. There has been some confusion on whether the new
software is actually fixing the 4wd issue. We have done two so far, so far,
the first did not, the second one, yesterday, appears to be working.
I can
schedule you in for next week if you would like but I will need you vehicle
for a minimum of 4 hrs. I am looking at Weds-Friday next week, you choose.

So, watch out!

What does that mean? Is there another update to the 7/10 update or is there compatibility issues?
06cdrmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #58
WazzuCMGrad
2009 WK 

Still issues with 7/10 update! My appointment is Thursday.
Unread 08-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #59
sshaughn
2008 WK 

So basically don't get the recall done, right?
Unread 08-22-2014, 10:31 PM   #60
WazzuCMGrad
2009 WK 

7/29 update working perfectly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.