N23 recall & transfer case issues-Check In-Log complaint, links inside! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 recall & transfer case issues-Check In-Log complaint, links inside!

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #31
tonyrac67

reply from chrysler

Dear Anthony:

Thank you for contacting the Jeep Assistance Center.

Our records show that you have contacted us by telephone and we have
addressed your concern. We have updated your file to reflect the latest
information you provided in the email message.

The vehicle is no longer under warranty, therefore the diagnostic would
be an out of pocket cost to you.

When an adjustment or repair is not made, dealerships require the
customer pay for any diagnostic charges since the dealership still must
pay its staff for the time they spent inspecting the vehicle.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Sierra

Customer Service Representative
Jeep Customer Assistance Center

tonyrac67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #32
MikeJeep09

Allow me to translate; we did the n23 you got screwed go die in a fire. Next time don't buy a Jeep cuz they don't care.
MikeJeep09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #33
06cdrmike

JeepCares, I'm trying to send a message but the mailbox is full.
I'm in week three of waiting for a transfer case actuator that seems to have been made defective by the latest software upgrade required by the recall. How can I expedite the fix? I need the car for work and I can't afford rentals anymore.
2006 Jeep Commander with 78,356 miles and the vehicle is currently gathering dust at a local dealer in VA. The dealer said that part might be coming in soon, but will this fix the problem? I'm the second owner and I'm not sure if the car is still under manufacturer warranty but since this happened after the recall service, I don't believe that should matter.
06cdrmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #34
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06cdrmike View Post
I'm in week three of waiting for a transfer case actuator that seems to have been made defective by the latest software upgrade required by the recall. How can I expedite the fix? I need the car for work and I can't afford rentals anymore.
2006 Jeep Commander with 78,356 miles and the vehicle is currently gathering dust at a local dealer in VA. The dealer said that part might be coming in soon, but will this fix the problem? I'm the second owner and I'm not sure if the car is still under manufacturer warranty but since this happened after the recall service, I don't believe that should matter.
I don't understand why your not driving it .
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #35
06cdrmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzjwk View Post
I don't understand why your not driving it .
The dealer removed the actuator and won't replace it until the new one arrives. They won't give me a loaner or pay for a rental. I'm at wits end. No response from the dealer, none from Jeep/Chrysler.
Unread 02-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #36
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Quote:
The dealer removed the actuator and won't replace it until the new one arrives. They won't give me a loaner or pay for a rental. I'm at wits end. No response from the dealer, none from Jeep/Chrysler.
WOW , That's some kind of crappy dealer . I'd be towing it down the street with a junkyard actuator in my hand . I've never done one , but it looks like it can be done in about 20 min in the parking lot . I hate it when dealers feel like they are allowed to treat people that way .
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 07:47 AM   #37
06cdrmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzjwk View Post
WOW , That's some kind of crappy dealer . I'd be towing it down the street with a junkyard actuator in my hand . I've never done one , but it looks like it can be done in about 20 min in the parking lot . I hate it when dealers feel like they are allowed to treat people that way .
I really think this is coming down from on high because this guy at this dealer has been very good to us, until this issue. One thing that I'm positive of is that this is my last Chrysler/Fiat product.
Unread 02-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #38
bettervibes11
2008 WK 

Had the n23 fix done a few weeks ago, now I am in the same boat... no 4-low! Really, what do I do? I knew the recall notice was a scam.
bettervibes11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #39
tonyrac67

We need to bring clas action lawsuit
tonyrac67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #40
Lugar36

N23 Recall

I had the N23 Recall performed at the dealership where I purchased my vehicle....was advised that it made the transfer case actuator malfunction......would take about 2 weeks for the part, this was November 2013, we are still waiting on the part. I contacted Chrysler corporation and was given a case number....and a case manager Terry...number is 1-855-525-5085 x4720328 was advised by him that the part was on back order and they will ship it out on 1/23, no part, then 1/27/14 still no part...then 2/4/14 no part, then 2/8/14 was advised that the truck that my part was on broke down....then he called me on 2/12/14 to say that the distrubutor cancelled the order....this is a bit much....and per my conversation with Chrysler they are not aware of any other issues with the N23, guess its just my jeep, but I see hundreds of post.....they just dont want to take ownership in the problem......I love my jeep, and have always owned them, but I am not going to patronize a company that gives little care to the customers who keep them in business.....they can promote giveaways, and other promotions, how about promoting customer service and getting your loyal customers back on the road......
Lugar36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #41
Lugar36

Good Luck, I have been waiting since November 2013.....Terry is my case manager his number is 1-855-525-5085 x 4720328

we all need to get a class action lawsuit against them......

Quote:
Quote:
Lugar36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #42
CommanderDan

Delete
CommanderDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 02:20 AM   #43
Motorgrator
2007 WK 

I just sent my message to Jeep and will update when replied to.
Stock (For Now)
Motorgrator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #44
hocke50
2005 WK 

Hey JGC N23 recall sufferers. Today I followed up with the complete champions that preformed my recall and they advised that this dealer has STOPPED performing the N23 update as there are too many return challenges. They have been working the the DC in regards to replacement actuators and been advices that they are on EXTREME back order. LMFAO.
Additionally I noticed that my Hill Decent Button is no longer operational, and confirmed during the same conversation this is also part of the "fix". How disappointing that my family is proud owners of 3 GC WKs and all are experiencing this nonsense. This might be all ready known info but thought I would share.
Signed another P!ssed off WK owner.
hocke50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #45
mbaier91
2005 WK 

Ok. I'm tired of this. How do we start a class action suit? I don't even care if I lose money paying for lawyers, there is a moral obligation as well as a legal obligation to stand behind products that is not being met by this joke of a company.
mbaier91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.