N23 recall & transfer case issues-Check In-Log complaint, links inside! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 recall & transfer case issues-Check In-Log complaint, links inside!

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 01-08-2014, 07:06 AM   #1
Chadwi
2007 WK 

N23 recall & transfer case issues-Check In-Log complaint, links inside!

We need to be heard! Below are the links to log a complaint. After logging a complaint come here and check in, so we have a count to see how widespread this problem is. Let's get organized.

http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/EmailPage.html

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml

To admin; Please sticky and limit chit chat.

Thanks

2007 WK CRD, Bilstein 5100's set at .75" RC rear spacer, OME MD springs F/R. At 22" front 23" rear hub to fender. JBA control arms, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers, Fierce Attitude MT's, 4XGuard front skid, Full LED interior swap, 9012 low, 9011 high/driving light bulb swap. Swirl motor resistor mod, Front pinch weld mod...

Last edited by Chadwi; 01-08-2014 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: Request sticky
Chadwi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 07:14 AM   #2
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Recommend you make a FB page that people can share via social media... start spreading the word to the 99.999% xk&wk members who don't surf forums to check their 4low. $.02
Unread 01-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
mcdader
2008 XK Commander 

I filled out forms. Dealer is ordering second replacement actuator, as of Monday.
2008 Commander 5.7 Hemi
started having issues about 3 weeks after recall was done. 1st replacement actuator lasted about a month and a half.
Oh and try regular all time 4wd. Mine just spins 2 wheels trying to go up a steep dirt road.
mcdader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 06:31 AM   #4
Chadwi
2007 WK 

I have filled out the forms. Jeep replies with;

"Our dealerships have the factory training, equipment and information available to them to diagnose and correct problems with our vehicles.
Should your dealer require factory assistance they may contact our Technical Operations Resource Group (STAR) or contact their regional Business Center."

What a joke.
2007 WK CRD, Bilstein 5100's set at .75" RC rear spacer, OME MD springs F/R. At 22" front 23" rear hub to fender. JBA control arms, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers, Fierce Attitude MT's, 4XGuard front skid, Full LED interior swap, 9012 low, 9011 high/driving light bulb swap. Swirl motor resistor mod, Front pinch weld mod...
Unread 01-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadwi View Post
I have filled out the forms. Jeep replies with;

"Our dealerships have the factory training, equipment and information available to them to diagnose and correct problems with our vehicles.
Should your dealer require factory assistance they may contact our Technical Operations Resource Group (STAR) or contact their regional Business Center."

What a joke.
What did you write?
Did you say you had a problem with your vehicle?
Please PM me your VIN or Case Number.
Unread 01-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #6
Mlopez
2007 WK 

Just had my Jeep software for the third time done today at my local dealer in Salt Lake City Utah. I really hope this is the final time that my Jeep will need the Software update or whatever it is that they are doing to it..
Mlopez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #7
Chadwi
2007 WK 

JeepCares, your inbox is full.

I wrote that the N23 recall was done. I then had no 4low. Had the N23 recall redone. 4low worked. Tested it about once a week, it worked. A couple months later the transfer case shifts to neutral in the middle of the road. I could not move, traffic approaching. I shut off the Jeep, while traffic waits for me to get the f@#! out of the way. I restart and it goes into 4high, I move. Tested again at home, no 4low. A week later is snows. I get a big drift in the driveway, no problem, I got a Jeep. I nearly get stuck. I try 4low, nothing, except it goes to neutral. Restarted Jeep, now it in 4high again. Now, I am really stuck, windchill is -40. I dig it out. Nearly got frostbite. If "Jeep Cares" they would see that there is definitely an issue with the transfer case and their BS recall has done nothing for fixing the issue. The dealers have been throwing parts at the problem, at the customers expense, this issue does not get fixed.
Unread 01-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
ducktail
2009 WK 

I am sure I don't have the snow you do but the shifting to neutral would not be good down here or anywhere. I am waiting on an actuator still. One came in but the mechanic said it was broken so I still have the original. And no 4 lo.
Unread 01-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #9
hocke50
2005 WK 

I have just spent two days dealing with the local Jeep Dealer and they are telling me that this is MY PROBLEM, and that the N23 update is not the problem. AND there are SEVERAL parts on back order to help "fix" the problem. Gloves or on the ice over this one, I had 4Lo before they did the update.
hocke50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #10
Chadwi
2007 WK 

Here is the response so far.
Dear Chad:

Thank you for contacting the Jeep Assistance Center.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delayed response to your
email.

Your email was reviewed by Customer Care for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep? and
Ram vehicles and has been forwarded to a more appropriate area for their
attention and response.

This referral action will provide the best opportunity for your request.

Due to the nature of your email, your concerns have been escalated. A
case manager will contact you by phone in one business day.

We appreciate the time and effort you took to tell us of your
dissatisfaction in our product. Comments like yours are one way to learn
of problems that develop and the improvements desired. We have
documented your comments and provide them to the product development
team for review.

Chrysler Group has made tremendous gains in customer satisfaction and
vehicle quality and we are dismayed to learn that your expectations have
not been met. Please accept our apology for the problems you have
experienced.

Thanks again for your email.
Unread 01-10-2014, 12:45 PM   #11
mcdader
2008 XK Commander 

I am trying to find out about the Transfer case actuator right now. Being told by dealer it is on back order, no estimate ship date.

will update this post if i get any info.

I think we need a moderator to create a sticky with one topic for this issue. There are at least 3 or 4 different topics about this now.

Update, my part is being special ordered. I have a case open with jeep customer care and will be monitoring if this issue returns again after next part replacement.

If you are having this issue, I would recommend calling 18009921997 speak with Customer Assistance. They can open a Case for you.

Last edited by mcdader; 01-10-2014 at 01:01 PM..
Unread 01-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #12
ttusqrl
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdader View Post
I think we need a moderator to create a sticky with one topic for this issue. There are at least 3 or 4 different topics about this now.
Yes, and you just created another one.
Unread 01-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #13
mcdader
2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttusqrl View Post
Yes, and you just created another one.
I sure did so that everyone wouldn't have to dig through these to find the info.
Unread 01-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #14
Chadwi
2007 WK 

Update: I got a call from Chrysler. They're setting up a complementary diagnosis appointment with my local dealer on Tuesday. I did forward them the threads here about the N23 recall being a failure and the dealers failures to fix the issues. They have read them and are forwarding them to people that can do something. I will keep this thread updated with the outcome. I hope this does get a sticky.
Unread 01-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #15
CavallinoRed
2006 WK 

Might I suggest we start sending in tips to auto related magazines and websites to see if we can get some press on this issue? Only thing that will get the Fiat masters moving is bad press.

Already sent a tip to jalopnik.com @ tips@jalopnik.com

Suggest we create a list of media types that might pick up the story. Look in your stack of auto related magazines and sites you visit to look for contact emails.

There is big money on the line for the shareholders and bad press is the only thing that will get the attention of the men in Italian suits.
CavallinoRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.