N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 09-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #121
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

This recall is a joke. Chrysler should be sending out apology letters with free upgrades in the form of winches and lift kits...lol

jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #122
RockinR
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post
This recall is a joke. Chrysler should be sending out apology letters with free upgrades in the form of winches and lift kits...lol
Ditto!
RockinR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #123
stipo
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stipo View Post
My 2010 5.7 HEMI Overland would not start this morning. I called road service, they said they couldn't get it started either. I have the "Service the 4wd System " warning in the dash. Spoke to dealer, my warranty is out by 3 months, they are seeing what they can do to help. I've also contacted the Chrysler head office in Melbourne (Australia) to see what they can do (I was on the phone to Tracee at the head office customer service centre just last Thursday to see what the story was on the Final Drive Controller recall. & now this.) All I can do is wait & see what happens.
The dealer quote me $135 per hour for diagnosis + repairs. They're upset because they haven't serviced the car in 18 months. The soonest they can look at it is next wednesday 9 October 2013. I told the dealer principle that the reason the car wasn't serviced with them was because of these kind of situations. Waiting for a tow now, after having spoken to Chrysler Australia.
stipo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:15 AM   #124
xjtrailrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by stipo View Post
The dealer quote me $135 per hour for diagnosis + repairs. They're upset because they haven't serviced the car in 18 months. The soonest they can look at it is next wednesday 9 October 2013. I told the dealer principle that the reason the car wasn't serviced with them was because of these kind of situations. Waiting for a tow now, after having spoken to Chrysler Australia.
My dealer is okay with me(a ASE certified mechanic) doing all of my own services and repairs. I have never been questioned to this date about repairs done to my JK that is still under the lifetime power train warranty. It has 60k on it. I have never had to make repairs to the XK, just routine maintenance.

I do keep all of my receipts for fluids/filters and I keep a log just in case the question ever arises.
xjtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #125
suzieque
2008 WK 

My jeep is going in for some maintenance this week, i told the service writer not to do the recall for now, i have a roadtrip to do and i dont want a 4wd failure.

I wonder if unplugging the actuator before flashing the recall would save the actuator from failure....
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #126
sickchilly
2010 WK 

I'm pretty sure that would cause the flash to fail. They have to engage/disengage 4-Lo and clear codes several times during the procedure.
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #127
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
I'm pretty sure that would cause the flash to fail. They have to engage/disengage 4-Lo and clear codes several times during the procedure.
I'm guessing the flash causes the old actuator to fail or are the new actuators different then the original
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #128
CT05WK

I've read through the recall. It specifically states "the 245 transfer case is an automatic 4WD system that shifts into and out of 4WD modes and ranges automatically or based on customer inputs. The shifting IS ACCOMPLISHED WITH AN ELECTRICAL ACTUATOR (composed of a motor, gearing and electrical position encoder) AND IS COMMANDED BY THE FINAL DRIVE CONTROL MODULE."

Seems to me that if the Jeep dealer doesn't fix it for me, all hell will break loose.
CT05WK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #129
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT05WK View Post
I've read through the recall. It specifically states "the 245 transfer case is an automatic 4WD system that shifts into and out of 4WD modes and ranges automatically or based on customer inputs. The shifting IS ACCOMPLISHED WITH AN ELECTRICAL ACTUATOR (composed of a motor, gearing and electrical position encoder) AND IS COMMANDED BY THE FINAL DRIVE CONTROL MODULE."

Seems to me that if the Jeep dealer doesn't fix it for me, all hell will break loose.
That's why I'm glad the dealer here in town is taking care of it. Should be this week
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #130
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Has anyone notified NHSTA about this?
10Xk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #131
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Xk View Post
Has anyone notified NHSTA about this?
I sure haven't
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #132
CT05WK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007
I sure haven't
haven't but will be. This is ridiculous.
CT05WK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #133
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT05WK View Post
haven't but will be. This is ridiculous.
I didnt even think about it to be honest. Probably a good idea.
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #134
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

We'll if you think about they ultimately fixed the problem of it shifting to neutral and rolling away. They fixed it so good that it just doesn't shift.

Where is Jeepcares on this issue?
10Xk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #135
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Xk View Post
We'll if you think about they ultimately fixed the problem of it shifting to neutral and rolling away. They fixed it so good that it just doesn't shift.

Where is Jeepcares on this issue?
The number I called in case you get the "service 4wd system" message wasn't any help at all. The lady was real rude and said that the recall has nothing to do with the 4wd system.

Tags
error , recall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.