N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 09-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #106
MoparMech
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Before you guys replace any tcase sensors or motors check the tcase connector for corrosion. They turn green and do all sorts of wierd things.

MoparMech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #107
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparMech View Post
Before you guys replace any tcase sensors or motors check the tcase connector for corrosion. They turn green and do all sorts of wierd things.
I'll look at it but it worked just fine before
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #108
Hemily_GC

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007
So taking it to Landers this week isn't a good idea.
No that still might be the thing to do if that was your plans. I took mine to classic in Texarkana because it was closer since I moved.
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #109
RockinR
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeracuda View Post
Well, it didn't stay fixed for long. I just got off the phone with the SM. He said he is going to make some phone calls. He said it was the first he had heard of the problem. I told him his was apparently pretty widespread. I'd be willing to bet if everybody actually checked their 4WD Low after the flash, there would be a lot more reports. How many people actually use their 4WD Low?
Doesn't really matter how many times you use 4Lo, if at all. The point is you paid for a 4WD vehicle and it should work.
RockinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #110
Beeracuda
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinR View Post
Doesn't really matter how many times you use 4Lo, if at all. The point is you paid for a 4WD vehicle and it should work.
Exactly!!!

The Beeracuda: http://youtu.be/Kcp0sqG_03M
Beeracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 04:05 AM   #111
DirtAddsHP
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007 View Post
Yes it is crappy. Someone is going to pay for mine other then me though. Not right they will fix it if you have warranty bc if the recall but with no warranty you're screwed.
wait... so if you do not have a warranty they want to charge to fix a recalled part? That is madness....
DirtAddsHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #112
GermantownJeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtAddsHP
wait... so if you do not have a warranty they want to charge to fix a recalled part? That is madness....
The part hasn't been recalled. That's the issue. The N23 recall is like a software update. The actuators are failing AFTER the update, but so far Chrysler refuses to admit the two are related. They act like it's just a huge effing coincidence.

When mine was in the second time, the SM was all "I've got another one here with the same issue. I've got a call into Chrysler to see what's going on." Then when I picked it up he had changed his tune: "It wasn't related to the recall. It was just one if those things." Yeah, good answer.

My 2010 still had the powertrain warranty, so they fixed it for free and I didn't argue. If it's expired, get ready for a fight. Or just hold off for now and keep using your parking brake.
Unread 09-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #113
CT05WK

Just figured out I have the same issue AFTER the recall "fix" what is this going to cost me?

The cocky SOB at the stealership said the toe have no correlation. I find that hard to believe. What do I do guys?
CT05WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #114
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtAddsHP View Post

If you call and be persistent with them they should get things right. I had to call Chrysler and the service manager multiple times. The service manager where I am actually has the same problem on his Jeep that we've experienced and is getting his fixed with a new actuator
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #115
xjtrailrider

I did not read all 8 pages but I had my recall done on my 09 Hemi XK with QD2 and now I get "service 4wd soon" when cranking the engine and if I try to put the t-case in 4-low it will not go in, even with the tranny in "N". My 09 has 38,000 miles on it and I have the lifetime power train warranty.

If I take it back for this will the repair be covered by the warranty?
xjtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #116
CT05WK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007
If you call and be persistent with them they should get things right. I had to call Chrysler and the service manager multiple times. The service manager where I am actually has the same problem on his Jeep that we've experienced and is getting his fixed with a new actuator
I spoke to a jeep tech at a different dealership then the one that performed my recall flash. He said that the recall should state that if the 4WD does not work after the recall is fixed, the dealer must fix it. Guess I'll be reading the fine print.
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #117
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjtrailrider View Post
I did not read all 8 pages but I had my recall done on my 09 Hemi XK with QD2 and now I get "service 4wd soon" when cranking the engine and if I try to put the t-case in 4-low it will not go in, even with the tranny in "N". My 09 has 38,000 miles on it and I have the lifetime power train warranty.

If I take it back for this will the repair be covered by the warranty?
Yes, they fixed mine under the lifetime warranty. Same problem.
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #118
CT05WK

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyone
Lifetime warranty?
Unread 09-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #119
stipo
2010 WK 

My 2010 5.7 HEMI Overland would not start this morning. I called road service, they said they couldn't get it started either. I have the "Service the 4wd System " warning in the dash. Spoke to dealer, my warranty is out by 3 months, they are seeing what they can do to help. I've also contacted the Chrysler head office in Melbourne (Australia) to see what they can do (I was on the phone to Tracee at the head office customer service centre just last Thursday to see what the story was on the Final Drive Controller recall. & now this.) All I can do is wait & see what happens.
stipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #120
xjtrailrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyone View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT05WK View Post
Lifetime warranty?
Yes! When I bought my XK in 09 they offered a lifetime power-train warranty as an incentive to buy it. I also have a lifetime power-train warranty on my 08 JK Sahara. They have stood by the JK very well as it has issues(what JK doesn't!) but the XK has been flawless until now. Here comes the acid test!
xjtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.