N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #91
WKDiesel

2 Weeks for a new FDM to arrive. I wonder if the FDM and Actuator are actually the same part.

WKDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #92
Hemily_GC
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarvis0007
What did they say?
When i called to check earlier they said they were still running diagnostics.. Hopefully find out tomorrow. I see your from NLR can I ask what dealer your dealing with? I've used landers in benton for service work before and been very pleased but that was for my wife's charger.
Unread 09-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #93
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemily_GC View Post
When i called to check earlier they said they were still running diagnostics.. Hopefully find out tomorrow. I see your from NLR can I ask what dealer your dealing with? I've used landers in benton for service work before and been very pleased but that was for my wife's charger.
I have been using Fletcher Dodge Jeep in Sherwood. I've heard to take it to Landers if I want it done right though.
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #94
sickchilly
2010 WK 

Just retuned from the dealer. Only took about 29 minutes. They were not meticulous about following steps 15/16. They got it right this time. They tested it three times and I tested itself before driving off. All's well now it seems. I'll check it in a week or two again to be sure!
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #95
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
Just retuned from the dealer. Only took about 29 minutes. They were not meticulous about following steps 15/16. They got it right this time. They tested it three times and I tested itself before driving off. All's well now it seems. I'll check it in a week or two again to be sure!
I would check it everyday. First time mine lasted about a week then the second times a couple days. The third time it lasted a day. Now no 4low
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #96
Trisalsa
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So far so good. First time in, the update didn't work. Brought it back to the dealership and they spent a good hour on it. Said they ended up resetting the computer before everything started working correctly. Been about two weeks now and still no problems. Got the Commander used and wonder if someone had a different tune on the computer because the shift points seem cleaner now and mileage a bit better which the update shouldn't have effected, but the reset could have.
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #97
Beeracuda
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeracuda View Post
I took mine in for another reflash today. 4 Low worked when I got it home. We will see if it stays fixed.
Well, it didn't stay fixed for long. I just got off the phone with the SM. He said he is going to make some phone calls. He said it was the first he had heard of the problem. I told him his was apparently pretty widespread. I'd be willing to bet if everybody actually checked their 4WD Low after the flash, there would be a lot more reports. How many people actually use their 4WD Low?

The Beeracuda: http://youtu.be/Kcp0sqG_03M
Beeracuda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #98
WKDiesel

I think in most cases people never use 4lo. Except the people on this forum. Most people buy a jeep and drive it as a commuter car.

That's probably what Chrysler was hoping for.

It's all a numbers game unfortunately.

Crappy for us the customers.
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #99
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKDiesel View Post
I think in most cases people never use 4lo. Except the people on this forum. Most people buy a jeep and drive it as a commuter car.

That's probably what Chrysler was hoping for.

It's all a numbers game unfortunately.

Crappy for us the customers.
Yes it is crappy. Someone is going to pay for mine other then me though. Not right they will fix it if you have warranty bc if the recall but with no warranty you're screwed.
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #100
sickchilly
2010 WK 

Kinda makes me miss the manual transfer case linkage in my JKs. Oh right, those plastic clips broke all the time too leaving you stuck in 4-Lo!
Unread 09-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #101
BlueSteelJP
2005 WK 

It was very interesting to see this thread, same thing happened to me right after the recall was performed. They replaced the actuator is back in working order again. Thought it was just a fluke or my luck.
Blue WK Club Member #10

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7 Liter Hemi no Mods So Far.
BlueSteelJP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #102
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteelJP View Post
It was very interesting to see this thread, same thing happened to me right after the recall was performed. They replaced the actuator is back in working order again. Thought it was just a fluke or my luck.
Guess you had warranty?
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #103
Hemily_GC
2005 WK 

Got a call back from the service dept. today at 5 reassuring me they hadn't forgot about me and that they had started a case with Chrysler because they had no clue what was going on with my jeep.
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #104
WKDiesel

Quote:
Got a call back from the service dept. today at 5 reassuring me they hadn't forgot about me and that they had started a case with Chrysler because they had no clue what was going on with my jeep.

Clearly it seems like Chrysler researched the issue long enough before they issued the recall.

I'm an Micro-Electronics Engineer by training and a cracked circuit board is a cracked circuit board. Since circuit boards are multi-layer designs now. Every crack probably affects different branches of circuits. It's a flawed design and that's why it's probably broken.

The only real fix is to redesigned the crack board. I hope Chrysler does it's customers right and replace all the bad FDCM.

This is what a lot of manufacturers are switching to now. Eliminate the Circuit board = No more cracking.

Unread 09-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #105
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Quote:
So taking it to Landers this week isn't a good idea.

Tags
error , recall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.