N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low! - Page 64 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > N23 Recall Issue? No 4-Low!

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and AxleFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-18-2014, 02:15 AM   #946
Blown7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKDiesel View Post
Does anyone know the codes that need to be transmitted on the can bus to reset the codes?
But....... of course!

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the meta-cognitive ability to realize their mistakes.
Blown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 02:20 AM   #947
WKDiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown7 View Post
But....... of course!
Want to share for all us N23 Victims?
WKDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 03:34 AM   #948
Blown7

Quote:
Want to share for all us N23 Victims?
I was hoping someone would ask the correct question...

But it's may seem like a foreign language to the uninitiated..and you also have to have the correct tools and know how.

I gotta get my hard copy notes as I'm at work and don't have my memory stick with all that sort of data for quick reference.

Give me a couple hrs.
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the meta-cognitive ability to realize their mistakes.
Unread 01-18-2014, 03:42 AM   #949
Blown7

OK.........
$7B7 FDCM to Tool
$7B6 Tool to FDCM
$10,92 Tool present
$11,01 Reset
$14,$FF,$00 Clear Faults

Like I said if you understand that your golden, if not,,, time to do lots of schooling on KWP 2000
Unread 01-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #950
WKDiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown7 View Post
OK.........
$7B7 FDCM to Tool
$7B6 Tool to FDCM
$10,92 Tool present
$11,01 Reset
$14,$FF,$00 Clear Faults

Like I said if you understand that your golden, if not,,, time to do lots of schooling on KWP 2000

Guess I got some late nights ahead of me. Gotta figure out addressing with the elm327.
WKDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #951
Blown7

Quote:
Guess I got some late nights ahead of me. Gotta figure out addressing with the elm327.
Wish I could help but I've never used that tool.
Unread 01-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #952
ianrmz250
2007 WK 

I have the same problem here in the UK with my CRD no bloody 4 low after the N23 recall. Was stuck in a muddy field with 2 horses in my trailer and could not select low , not happy will be kicking incompetent dealers **s on Monday morning and i will show them this post as proof of there mess up.
ianrmz250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #953
oldphart

2007 WK 

Can the KWP2000 be used to read the FDCM?
oldphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #954
sedevacante

Have a 2006 Commander with 65000 miles and had the recall done a few months ago and now am in the same boat as the rest of you. No 4-Low. The dealer that did the recall just lost their dealership and now I have to travel 70 miles to the next closet dealer to have this looked at. I opened a case and have a case number with Jeep. Any advice on this trip to the dealer to try and get this fixed and perhaps fixed without me having to shell out the $$?
sedevacante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #955
sedevacante

Has anyone tried to get a magazine to investigate this issue and write a story about it? Perhaps some publicity will get Jeep to do something about this!
Unread 01-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #956
rollindom

2005 WK 

As of today Chrysler has 87 transfer case actuators in stock, and there are 1696 currently ordered. If the actuator is the fix, we are boned for some time to come.
rollindom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 10:20 PM   #957
sedevacante

But from the posts I have read it seems that the actuator is not really the fix either - since people who have had the actuator replaced still end up losing the 4-Low a short time later. There is no way on God's green earth that I am going to shell out darn near $1000.00 for a new actuator if that is not a guaranteed fix.
Unread 01-19-2014, 03:46 AM   #958
Blown7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldphart View Post
Can the KWP2000 be used to read the FDCM?
KWP 2000 is a Protocol not a tool. It's a "language" (like English ..if you want to call it that) that is used to communicate with the various modules (or Nodes) on the Can Bus.

protocol

noun (Concise Encyclopedia)
In computer science, a set of rules or procedures for transmitting data between electronic devices, such as computers. In order for computers to exchange information, there must be a preexisting agreement as to how the information will be structured and how each side will send and receive it. Without a protocol, a transmitting computer, for example, could be sending its data in 8-bit packets while the receiving computer might expect the data in 16-bit packets. Protocols are established by international or industrywide organizations. Perhaps the most important computer protocol is OSI (Open Systems Interconnection), a set of guidelines for implementing networking communications between computers. The most important sets of Internet protocols are TCP/IP, HTTP, and FTP.

Think of the Can Bus as a land based telephone line....and for example two people are having a conversation on the telephone and both are speaking english.... so to define that conversation ....it is defined as... "The English language being spoken on a land telephone line that is understood by both parties at either end of the line."

The same telephone line doesn't care if English, French, or Spanish is being spoken and as long as both parties at each "end" of the line understand each other.

There are quite a few different protocols used on Can Buses.. I'm not going to go into that here that's what Google is for.

The models years affected use KWP 2000 the newer years 2011+ are Powernet and some state of the art buses are using UDS and Flexray .

Now tools are the telephone itself, it can be Star Mobile, WiTech, Star Scan, Snap On, OBD scanners of every sort.

Then there is the "ELM" as very low cost chip that can be programmed to do alot of things.. but you have to be very programmer savvy.

Unread 01-19-2014, 04:07 AM   #959
Blown7

Just to show that sometimes it takes lots of data crunching to bust down the factory tool stuff .....to hack the Can Bus

Unread 01-19-2014, 06:55 AM   #960
LouC
2007 WK 

What a load of tech nonsense all this because CC thinks you aren't smart enough to shift a damn shift lever. I was considering a WK II for my wife's next one but after this fiasco no way.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.